VOLUME 4, NUMBER 220
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: Philomath Family Medicine’s new digs look pretty cool and we have a story about about a celebration that took place Tuesday afternoon. It was also a busy day for sports with the Warriors winning at home in girls soccer and volleyball and on the road for boys soccer. Plus, read about an interesting new event coming to Summit (and if you’re interested, make your reservation by this weekend).
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Doctors with longtime connections to Philomath health-care services asked to cut the ribbon during Tuesday open house
In a fitting move during an open house celebration Tuesday afternoon at Philomath Family Medicine’s new location on the west edge of town, Dr. Lorri Hendon and retired Drs. David […]
Philomath takes down Newport in Battle for the Bow match against the Cubs
In danger of losing the opening set Tuesday night against Newport, the Philomath High School volleyball team found a way to battle back and set the tone for the evening […]
Warriors score 3 goals in 6 minutes to take control and defeat visiting Cascade in the rain
The Philomath High girls soccer team worked through challenging weather conditions Tuesday and put away visiting Cascade, 5-0, to keep pace with first-place North Marion in the Oregon West Conference. […]
Local chefs, farmers and growers are coming together Sunday, Oct. 22 in Summit for the inaugural “Summit Harvest Party: A Farm-to-Table Dinner Delight,” organizers announced. […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s three-set volleyball win over Newport on Tuesday
A collection of photos from Philomath High School’s 5-0 girls soccer win over visiting Cascade on Tuesday.
Americans are making a Halloween comeback. According to the National Retail Federation, more than 7 in 10 Americans plan to participate in Halloween-related activities this […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department, Benton County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police. All […]
Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the media by Philomath Fire & Rescue: FRIDAY, SEPT. 29 • 9:53 p.m. — Emergency […]
• Wednesday, Oct. 11: Philomath Bluegrass Workshop and Jam, 7-10 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Boys Soccer vs. Newport, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Volleyball at North Marion, 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Girls Soccer at Newport, 6 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 13: PHS Football at Marist Catholic, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Volleyball at Bend Clearwater Classic, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Mount Union Cemetery Work Party, 9 a.m.-noon
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Marys Peak Cleanup, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Harvest Fest at Marys River Grange, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Benton County Genealogical Society Program with George Davidson, 11 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Cross-Country at CG Bramble Scramble, 1:15 p.m. (varsity)