The Philomath News welcomes comments on its stories with readers invited to share their opinions on content.
We do ask that you remain civil. Here are guidelines:
• Refrain from personal abuse. It’s OK to disagree with the content of a story, the writer or other comments but do not attack anyone personally. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
• Keep comments at a reasonable length and stay on topic.
• Use your legal name as your identity.
• Do not use foul language, including attempts to camouflage profanity with asterisks or other symbols or foreign phrases.
• Do not use hate speech. Racist rants or defamatory statements about any group will be deleted.
• Do not use threatening language.
• Use standard grammar and with accepted rules for capitalization, punctuation and spelling. Please do not post a comment using all capital letters.
• Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
• Do not add images to your comments.
• Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report only if you believe they violate these guidelines.
The Philomath News reserves the right, using our good judgment, to delete posts that we consider violations of these guidelines. If a post is determined to have violated the guidelines listed above, it may be blocked.
Before your comment appears online, it will be reviewed by the editor. Reviewing comments can on occasion take up to 24 hours based on the editor’s schedule and availability to perform the review.