Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. Individuals are identified in log only if arrested on felony charges. Juveniles are not identified. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
FRIDAY, APRIL 28
• BCSO: Crash, 3:15 p.m., Maxfield Creek Road near milepost 1; deputy came upon a vehicle in a ditch with the airbags deployed and no driver; the following day, the vehicle’s owner, a 42-year-old Portland woman, was contacted via phone and arrangements were made for the vehicle to be towed.
• PPD: Crash, 7:58 p.m., North 19th Street and Main Street; no injuries reported.
Other PPD calls
Traffic stops 0, found property 1, welfare check 1, suspicious circumstance 1.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29
• BCSO: Crash, 3:23 a.m., Highway 20 near Shrike Way; single-vehicle crash; vehicle’s passenger transported to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center with serious injuries; deputies arrested Wyatt Alan Sanders, 24, of Silverton, on a felony charge of third-degree assault and a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (alcohol .08 through .14).
Other PPD calls
Traffic stops 4, assist other agency 1, 911 hang-up call 1, found dog 1, harassment 1, miscellaneous 3.
SUNDAY, APRIL 30
Traffic stops 5, suspicious person 1, miscellaneous 1.
MONDAY, MAY 1
Traffic stops 0, assist other agency 1, non-911 issue 1, miscellaneous 5.
TUESDAY, MAY 2
• BCSO: Suspicious vehicle, 5:54 p.m., Highway 34 and Joseph Lane; deputies responded to a report of a vehicle parked in a designated fire lane; the vehicle’s owner ran out of gas and planned to move the vehicle.
Traffic stops 5, welfare check 1, mental health issue 1, miscellaneous 2.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 3
• PPD: Furnishing liquor to a minor, time NA, 1200 block of Northwest Van Buren Avenue, Corvallis; police arrested a 29-year-old Corvallis man on a misdemeanor charge of furnishing liquor to a minor.
• BCSO: Abandoned vehicle, 7:40 p.m., Alexander Road near Hoskins Road; deputies responded to a report of possible illegal camping; a fifth-wheel was discovered with side tires deflated and it was determined nobody was living inside; the trailer was tagged as abandoned.
Traffic stops 0, 911 hang-up call 1, welfare check 1, found property 1, miscellaneous 3.
THURSDAY, MAY 4
• PPD: Theft (reported), 4:03 p.m., 800 block of Applegate Street; police took a report and assigned a case number.
• BCSO: Harassment/theft, 5:22 p.m., 24500 block of Evergreen Street; deputies arrested Heather Anne Engelman, 66, of Philomath, on a felony charge of first-degree theft and a misdemeanor charge of harassment following an argument with another person over a trash can that allegedly ended with Engelman physically taking a phone from the victim.
Other PPD calls
Traffic stops 5, non-911 issue 1, welfare check 1.
Interesting report on the law enforcement activities in Benton County. It’s great to see that most incidents were minor, though the serious crash highlights the need for safe driving practices.
Leave a comment