The Philomath High School soccer and football teams will host jamborees on Thursday to tune-up for their coming seasons. The volleyball team is also scheduled to play with a trip to a jamboree at Sweet Home.
The soccer jamboree begins at 3 p.m. and features 30-minute games with two 15-minute halves and a five-minute halftime. A 10-minute break will follow each game before the next one begins.
The complete schedule:
• 3 p.m. — Central vs. Junction City boys (JV field); Central vs. La Salle Prep girls (varsity field).
• 3:45 p.m. — South Albany vs. Corvallis boys (varsity field); Lebanon vs. Corvallis girls (JV field).
• 4:30 p.m. — Junction City vs. Philomath boys (varsity field); Central vs. Philomath girls (JV field).
• 5:15 p.m. — Corvallis vs. Central boys (JV field); La Salle Prep vs. Corvallis girls (varsity field).
• 6 p.m. — Philomath vs. South Albany boys (JV field); Philomath vs. Lebanon girls (varsity field).
The boys soccer team opens the season on Aug. 31 at North Marion and will host its first game on Sept. 2 vs. Molalla. The girls play Aug. 31 at home against North Marion.
The football jamboree’s action begins at 6 p.m. with South Albany vs. Woodburn. Philomath will follow with matchups against Woodburn and then against South Albany. Each team will get 18 offensive plays beginning at the 40-yard line and working toward the goal. The action will take place on the west end of Clemens Field.
Rules include the offensive series continuing until the team either scores, is stopped on downs or reaches the 18-play maximum. If a team scores or is stopped on downs, the ball returns to the 40. There is no special teams play.
Admission will be charged to the jamboree: $5 for adults, $2 for seniors ages 60 and older, $3 for high school and middle school students, $2 for elementary students accompanied by an adult and $15 for a family of two adults and three students. The Philomath Booster Club plans to sell concessions.
The football team is gearing up for its season opener on Sept. 3 at Valley Catholic in Beaverton. The team’s first home game does not arrive until Sept. 17 vs. Woodburn.
The volleyball team heads to Sweet Home’s jamboree, which is set to begin at 4 p.m. Thursday. Philomath will play all of its matches in the school’s auxiliary gym.
The complete schedule:
• 4 p.m. — Sweet Home vs. Corbett (main gym); Philomath vs. Siuslaw (auxiliary gym).
• 4:45 p.m. — Corbett vs. Marist Catholic (main gym); Siuslaw vs. North Marion (auxiliary gym).
• 5:15 p.m. — Sweet Home vs. Marist Catholic (main gym); Philomath vs. North Marion (auxiliary gym).
• 5:45 p.m. — Sweet Home vs. Siuslaw (main gym); Philomath vs. Corbett (auxiliary gym).
• 6:15 p.m. — Corbett vs. Siuslaw (main gym); North Marion vs. Marist Catholic (auxiliary gym).
• 6:45 p.m. — Sweet Home vs. North Marion (main gym); Philomath vs. Marist Catholic (auxiliary gym).
Admission will be charged: $5 for adults, $3 for students and $3 for seniors. The gym doors open at 3 p.m.
The Warriors are scheduled to open the regular season on Sept. 2 at Crook County. The first home match is set for Sept. 7 vs. Cascade.
Did you enjoy this content? The news site has no paywall but we do rely on voluntary memberships. If you’re already a member, thank you. To join our community as a member or to make a one-time contribution, please CLICK HERE.