Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. Individuals are identified in log only if arrested on felony charges. Juveniles are not identified. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department
FRIDAY, JULY 14
• 11:38 a.m. — A motorist in a 2005 Toyota Camry waiting for traffic to pass while attempting to make a left turn from Main Street onto South 26th Street was hit from behind by a 2000 Ford 350. No injuries were reported. The wreck caused heavy damage to the rear end of the Camry, which had to be towed. The pickup’s front end also had some damage. Police cited the driver of the pickup for following too closely.
Other calls: Police responses included a person assist situation at 7:25 a.m., an animal complaint at 8:33 p.m. and a lost dog at 10:15 p.m. In addition, police performed a welfare check at 5:29 p.m. on an individual who was experiencing a mental health issue and performed extra patrol duties in mid-morning at Chapel Drive and Deer Creek Way. PPD reported eight traffic stops.
SATURDAY, JULY 15
• 1:38 a.m. — Police arrested a 36-year-old Lebanon man on a warrant for contempt of court during a stop at Main Street and South 24th Street.
Other calls: Police responded to a dog at large report at 5:57 p.m., and assisted another agency at 8:51 p.m. at an Airport Avenue address. PPD reported 18 traffic stops.
SUNDAY, JULY 16
• No calls of significance reported.
Other calls: PPD reported 14 traffic stops.
MONDAY, JULY 17
• Police arrested a 32-year-old Corvallis man (time not available) on a misdemeanor charge of second-degree possession/manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance in the 4500 block of Southwest Country Club Drive in Corvallis.
Other calls: Police handled a non-911 issue at 1:46 p.m., performed a welfare check at 3:32 p.m. involving a College Street residence that had an open door and oversaw a private property tow at 5:02 p.m. PPD reported two traffic stops.
TUESDAY, JULY 18
• 4:29 p.m. — Police assisted the Benton County Sheriff’s Office at the scene of a single-vehicle rollover crash in the 2300 block of Southwest 53rd Street near Southwest Whitby Avenue in Corvallis.
• Police arrested a 38-year-old Philomath man (time not available) on a misdemeanor charge of harassment with physical contact/simple assault. The arrest was related to a report of an argument filed June 21.
Other calls: Police responded to a reported suspicious circumstance at 3:01 a.m. at Applegate and South 13th, assisted another agency on a call at 5:53 a.m. at South 19th and Applegate, passed on a family emergency message at 10:18 a.m. to a local resident, handled a city ordinance violation at 10:41 a.m., took possession of a license plate that was found in the road and returned it to the owner at 3:05 p.m. and performed a welfare check at 6:10 p.m. on Main Street involving an intoxicated man who was attempting to make it to the bus stop. PPD reported one traffic stop.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19
• 12:57 p.m. — Police took a theft report from Dollar General.
• 7:07 p.m. — Police took a report of what was categorized as a sex-related offense. Details on the call were not available in the media log other than a report was taken and a case number was assigned.
Other calls: Police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at 6:18 a.m. in the Summerton Way vicinity, found a bicycle at 11:56 a.m. that had been left on Applegate Street, attempted to perform a welfare check at 2:49 p.m. on South 23rd Street, assisted a motorist at 6:59 p.m. on Main Street and responded to an unsecured premises at 11:14 p.m. on South 19th. PPD reported six traffic stops.
THURSDAY, JULY 20
• No calls of significance reported.
Other calls: Police performed a welfare check at 1:11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Adams Street, dealt with a traffic hazard at 8 p.m. at Applegate and South 13th, assisted a person at 8:25 p.m. in the 1200 block of Pioneer Street and responded to a suicidal subject at 10:14 p.m. PPD reported five traffic stops.
Benton County Sheriff’s Office
THURSDAY, JULY 6
• 10:23 a.m. — A 35-year-old Philomath man who had an active failure to appear warrant out of Benton County Circuit Court and turned himself in at Benton County Jail, deputies reported. The man signed a release agreement and was issued a court date.
MONDAY, JULY 10
• 9:33 p.m. — Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report from a Philomath man on Wonderly Lane of a suspicious vehicle in the vicinity. Law enforcement investigated and contacted a group of juveniles that were hanging out in the area. It was determined that no crimes had occurred.