VOLUME 4, NUMBER 234
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Happy Halloween. In the newsletter today: We have the latest public safety news with the Police Log and Fire Calls; a death notice for Jim High; and guest commentary from Rich Saalsaa on everything you need to know about burning.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
A rundown of recent responses submitted to the media by the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office and a rundown of in-state traffic fatalities as reported by Oregon State Police.
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the state as reported by Oregon State Police.
Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the media by Philomath Fire & Rescue: FRIDAY, OCT. 20 • No calls of public […]
Oregon lacks a coordinated approach to combat domestic violence, which has killed more than 500 Oregonians in an 11-year period, an Oregon Secretary of State […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The downtown area may seem congested with the ongoing streetscapes project but it won’t stop the Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce from spotlighting its businesses […]
Mayor Chas Jones and four former mayors gathered at Philomath City Hall last week to remember the late Jeannine Gay, who died Sept. 26 at […]
Philomath sophomore Ana Candanoza had never won a high school varsity race heading into this weekend’s Oregon West Conference Championships. This season alone, she’s had […]
The Philomath High School volleyball team’s season ended Saturday in the first round of the Class 4A playoffs with a three-set loss at Crook County. […]
The Philomath High School football team finished its regular season strong Friday night at Clemens Field with a 33-14 victory over Sweet Home to keep […]
• Tuesday, Oct. 31: Philomath Trunk or Treat, 3-5 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 31: PHS Girls Soccer vs. Molalla, 3:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 31: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce Greeters, 8:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Dementia Warriors Support Group Meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Marys River Grange Meeting, 6:30 p.m.