Volume 3, Number 98
Good Morning. It’s Monday, August 8, 2022
Beginning this morning, I’m back at my desk so the newsletters will arrive in your email inbox on a more regular schedule. I believe the time away helped a great deal with me being able to hit a “reset button” in preparation for the busy weeks ahead.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Philomath Fire & Rescue reports that one of the drivers was transported to the hospital with injuries
One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash on Friday at the intersection of South 19th Street and Applegate Street, Philomath Fire & Rescue reported. Capt. Rich Saalsaa, public information officer, said the fire department was dispatched to the crash at 5:58 p.m. on Aug. 5 with a truck and three personnel, a rescue vehicle […]
City’s engineering firm recommends the move to avoid delays related to long lead times; meeting scheduled for Monday night
The Philomath City Council will consider a proposal to purchase certain pipe and fittings in advance for the upcoming water treatment plant construction project during its meeting at City Hall on Monday night. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at City Hall and for those not attending in person, it will also be livestreamed on […]
Four applicants vying for the opportunity to finish out Position 2 term
The Philomath School Board plans to make a decision on filling its vacant seat during a special session on Tuesday night. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Aug. 9 at the school district’s office building at 1620 Applegate St. For those who want to attend, enter the building through a door situated […]
At least 14 of Oregon’s climate change policies are on track to meet the state’s goals, according to a new analysis by environmental consultants. The […]
The COVID-19 pandemic, rising inflation and a higher cost of living in major cities have combined with opportunities for remote work over the past two […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The World Athletics Championships that ran from July 15-24 in Eugene provided local track and field fans with a unique opportunity to enjoy these athletes […]
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath Fire & Rescue Board of Directors Meeting, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 9: Philomath School Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 10: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 10: Squishtivities by Strengthening Rural Families, 11 a.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 11: Park Advisory Board Meeting, 5 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 12: Cardwell Hill Cellars Summer Concert Series, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 13: Philomath Frolic & Rodeo Presents Casino Night, 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Aug. 14: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.