Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department in addition to activity logs published by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department Log
FRIDAY, JUNE 25
• Crash, 11 a.m., South 14th Street and Applegate Street, no injuries, minor damage.
• Theft, 3:30 p.m., 1800 block of Main Street, Gray FIT BMX bike with pink camouflage tires reported as stolen, taken by someone at approximately 2:30 p.m.
• Hit-and-run, 4:07 p.m., 1800 block of Main Street, incident in parking lot, suspect left before contact was made.
• Shoplifting, 7:59 p.m., 1700 block of Main Street, police arrested a 43-year-old Dallas woman on a misdemeanor shoplifting charge.
Traffic stops: 14 (7 citations, 6 warnings, 1 unknown); civil disputes: 2; assist other agency: 2; traffic complaint: 1; welfare check: 1; trespass: 1; noise disturbance: 1; threats: 1; motorist assistance: 1.
SATURDAY, JUNE 26
• Failure to register, 3:39 p.m., Applegate Street and South Eighth Street, police arrested Paul Aaron Bonnen, 32, of Corvallis, on a felony charge of failure to register as a sex offender.
• Reckless endangering, 9:51 p.m., Southwest Philomath Boulevard and Southwest 26th Street, Corvallis, police arrested a 52-year-old Sweet Home man on a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangering.
Traffic stops: 8 (2 citations, 6 warnings); assist other agency: 1; neglect: 1; suspicious person: 1; dog at large: 1; found property: 1; other: 3.
SUNDAY, JUNE 27
• Crash, 10:26 a.m., 1900 block of Main Street, civil issue between motorist and gas station involving crash on the premises; driver was cooperative and gave the gas attendant all needed information.
Traffic stops: 10 (4 citations, 6 warnings); animal complaint: 1; welfare check: 1; assist other agency: 1; reckless driving (reported): 1; other: 1.
MONDAY, JUNE 28
• Warrant, 9:07 p.m., Southwest 53rd Street and Southwest Reservoir Avenue, Corvallis, police arrested a 52-year-old Lebanon man on a warrant for a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
Traffic stops: 5 (1 citation, 4 warnings); suspicious vehicle: 3; 911 hang-up call: 1; assist other agency: 2; city ordinance violation: 1; other: 1.
TUESDAY, JUNE 29
• Fugitive out of state, 1:42 a.m., Southwest Philomath Boulevard and Southwest 35th Street, Corvallis, police arrested Paul William Bourgault, 39, of Olympia, Washington, on a felony charge of fugitive out of state and a misdemeanor charge of possession of methamphetamine (less than 2 grams); Bourgault was wanted in Washington on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance.
Traffic stops: 4 (0 citations, 3 warnings, 1 unknown); 911 hang-up call: 1; argument: 1; city ordinance violation: 1; noise disturbance: 1; police officer hold: 1; reckless driving (reported): 1; other: 3.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30
Traffic stops: 2 (2 citations, 0 warnings); citizen contact: 1; argument: 1; abandoned vehicle: 1; other: 3.
THURSDAY, JULY 1
• Warrant service, 3:55 p.m., North 14th Street and Main Street, no information provided in the media log.
• Threats, 8:54 p.m., 200 block of North 13th Street, police arrested Tammy Anne Bernhart, 50, of Salem, on a felony charge of third-degree assault attempted; Bernhart was booked on additional charges of menacing (intimidate/threats-domestic) and unlawful use of weapon (aggravated assault).
Traffic stops: 5 (2 citations, 3 warnings); welfare check: 1; hit and run (reported): 1; foot patrol: 1; dog complaint: 1; suspicious circumstance: 1; assist other agency: 1; 911 other: 2.
SATURDAY, JUNE 26
• Crash, 6:20 p.m., Highway 20 near Lilly Hill Road, deputies witnessed a van leave the roadway after driving eastbound into an ODOT gravel pull-off before losing control and sliding into the guardrail; minor damages, no injuries.
• Warrants, 11:12 p.m., Highway 20 near Priest Road, deputies arrested Antonia Coddington, 31, of Corvallis, on an Oregon State Patrol Board warrant, and Allen Nolan Jr., 24, of Corvallis, on an Oregon State Parole Board warrant, Benton County bench warrant and Albany Municipal Court warrant.