Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department in addition to activity logs published by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department Log
FRIDAY, JUNE 18
Traffic stops: 10 (5 citations, 5 warnings, 1 unknown); welfare check: 3; trespass: 1; assist other agency: 1; unknown problem: 1.
SATURDAY, JUNE 19
• Warrant, 4:05 p.m., Main Street and North Eighth Street, Andrew Scott Morgan, 38, of Philomath, police arrested on two bench warrants for failure to appear in court.
• Warrant, 11:33 p.m., 1300 block of Applegate Street, police arrested Robert Hastings Jordan, 32, of Portland, on warrants out of Washington state and Union County. Jordan was arraigned June 21 on a fugitive from justice charge. According to court records, Jordan faces felony charges in Washington for second-degree identity theft and second-degree forgery. He also had a warrant out of Union County Circuit Court where he was indicted in April on a felony charge of stealing a Dodge Ram along with two related misdemeanor charges. Jordan was transported to Benton County Jail in Corvallis. Appearing in Matthew Donohue’s court last week, Jordan waived extradition.
Traffic stops: 21 (11 citations, 10 warnings); assist other agency: 2; extra patrol: 1; traffic complaint: 1.
SUNDAY, JUNE 20
• DUII (drugs), 1:38 a.m., 1200 block of North 19th Street, police arrested Tyler Ryan Weeks, 21, of Corvallis, on a charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (drugs).
• Crash, 12:25 p.m., 1000 block of Applegate Street, report taken, no injuries.
• Criminal mischief, 12:57 p.m., 1400 block of Main Street, police responded to a report of a vehicle that drove off with a gas pump nozzle still in the tank; the vehicle stopped, dropped the nozzle on the ground and drove away; the motorist did pay for their gas.
• Warrant/DUII, 10:04 p.m., 1500 block of College Street, police arrested Paul Joel Wright, 41, of Corvallis, on a charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (.15 through .19 alcohol level) and on a warrant for contempt of court.
Traffic stops: 8 (1 citation, 7 warnings); person assistance: 1; harassment: 1.
MONDAY, JUNE 21
• Warrants, 1:16 a.m., Highway 20 and Highway 34, police arrested Zachery Tyler Shinall, 23, of Corvallis, on a bench warrant for failure to appear in court and Brian Lee Delk, 31, of Corvallis, on a bench warrant for failure to appear in court.
• Crash, 9:19 p.m., South 13th Street and Applegate Street, driver injured by own car after parking and leaving it in gear, minor injuries, person transported to hospital for further evaluation.
Traffic stops: 4 (1 citation, 3 warnings); noise disturbance: 1; 911 hang-up: 1; vicious dog: 1; assist other agency: 1; violation of order: 1; welfare check: 1.
TUESDAY, JUNE 22
• Road cleanup, 2 p.m., 1900 block of Main Street, load spilled from truck, operator and supervisor scooped it up and loaded onto a trailer; Public Works sweeper cleaned up the rest.
Traffic stops: 10 (7 citations, 3 warnings); abandoned vehicle: 1; assist other agency: 3; abandoned vehicle: 1.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23
• Illegal camping, 12:31 a.m., 600 block of Main Street, contact with man camping in a wooded area west of Dollar General; property owner to be contacted.
• Theft, 2:12 p.m., 200 block of South 13th Street, report of a portable barbecue grill taken from a trailer hitch rack on the back of a vehicle overnight.
Traffic stops: 5 (1 citation, 4 warnings); suspicious circumstance: 1; citizen contact: 1; neglect: 1.
THURSDAY, JUNE 24
• Warrants, 10:52 p.m., 1400 block of Main Street, police arrested Ambyr Ondre Dawson, 34, of Philomath, on a warrant for failure to appear on a criminal citation, and Brian Keith Montgomery, 63, of Lebanon, on failure to appear on a criminal citation.
Traffic stops: 10 (2 citations, 8 warnings); sex offense (reported): 1; fraud (reported): 1; person assist: 1; Possible DUI (reported): 1; suspicious circumstance: 1; suspicious vehicle: 1; extra patrol: 1; traffic complaint: 1; assist other agency: 1.
FRIDAY, JUNE 18
• Crash, 11:07 a.m., Highway 20 near milepost 39 near Blodgett, a vehicle heading eastbound pulled to the side of the highway and attempted a U-turn in front of another vehicle traveling in the same direction; a collision occurred at approximately 20 mph; one driver was transported to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis.
SATURDAY, JUNE 19
• Harassment, 10:44 a.m., 33400 block of Noon Road, deputies responded to a report of telephone harassment involving a man who had been hired to do a resident’s yard work; following a dispute over wages and housing arrangements, the man continued to contact the resident via phone after being told to stop.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23
• Methamphetamine possession, 12:25 a.m., Marys Peak Road near milepost 3, deputies cited and released an unidentified person for unlawful possession of methamphetamine (less than 2 grams) after locating a vehicle parked near a gravel pull-out.