Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department in addition to activity logs published by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department Log
FRIDAY, JULY 9
• Warrant, 11:38 a.m., 1000 block of Quail Glenn Drive, police arrested Kyler James Fonger, 26, of Philomath, on a probation violation charge.
• Warrant, 4:21 p.m., South Eighth Street and Applegate Street, police arrested a 33-year-old Siletz man on a misdemeanor charge of failure to appear in court.
Traffic stops: 10 (3 citations, 6 warnings, 1 unknown); 911 hang-up call: 1; citizen contact: 1; event detail: 1; person assistance: 2; fireworks complaint: 1; possible DUI reported: 1; assist other agency: 1; miscellaneous: 1
SATURDAY, JULY 10
Traffic stops: 7 (1 citation, 6 warnings); noise disturbance: 2; argument: 1; 911 hang-up call: 1; event detail: 1; miscellaneous: 3
SUNDAY, JULY 11
• Crash, 9:24 a.m., South 19th Street and Applegate Street, motorist went through a stop sign and a crash occurred, no injuries reported.
• Crash, 3:55 p.m., 1000 block of Applegate Street, no details provided in the media log other than no injuries were reported.
Traffic stops: 15 (5 citations, 10 warnings); dog at large: 1; civil issue: 1; extra patrol: 1; miscellaneous: 2.
MONDAY, JULY 12
Traffic stops: 5 (2 citations, 3 warnings); non-911 issue: 1; city ordinance violation: 1; assist other agency: 4; suspicious circumstance: 1; miscellaneous: 3.
TUESDAY, JULY 13
• Theft, 10:21 a.m., 2500 block of Applegate Street, individual took a wallet from a vehicle but returned it to the owner, who then chose to not press charges.
• Warrant service, 10:35 p.m., Highway 20 near milepost 48, no details included in media log.
Traffic stops: 2 (1 citation, 1 warning); traffic complaint: 1; assist other agency: 1; miscellaneous: 3.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14
• Narcotics, 10:21 p.m., Southwest Philomath Boulevard and Southwest 53rd Street, Corvallis, no details provided in media log.
Traffic stops: 8 (1 citation, 7 warnings); assist other agency: 1; fraud reported: 1; welfare check: 1; city ordinance violation: 2; suspicious circumstance: 1.
THURSDAY, JULY 15
• DUII, 3:05 p.m., Highway 20 and Davis Road, no details included in media log on a possible arrest.
Traffic stops: 5 (3 citations, 2 warnings); person assistance: 1; fraud reported: 1; citizen contact: 1; suspicious person: 1; miscellaneous: 2.
SUNDAY, JULY 11
• Crash, time not reported, Marys Peak Road, deputies responded to Marys Peak Road near milepost 1 for a single-vehicle crash; driver of 2014 Dodge Dart reported swerving to avoid hitting a rock in the road and the vehicle went down an embankment; no injuries reported.