Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department in addition to activity logs published by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. Individuals are identified in log only if arrested on felony charges. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department Log
FRIDAY, JAN. 7
Traffic stops: 2 (1 citation, 1 warning); assist other agency: 1; dog complaint: 1; repossessed vehicle: 1; person assist: 1;
SATURDAY, JAN. 8
• Warrant, 11:10 p.m., 300 block of South 26th Street, police arrested Richard R. Silva, 27, of Philomath, on a felony charge of fugitive from justice out of California.
Traffic stops: 10 (7 citations, 3 warnings); motorist assist: 1; welfare check: 1.
SUNDAY, JAN. 9
• DUII, police arrested a 34-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (alcohol. 08 through .14); the driver was issued a citation in lieu of custody and released at his Philomath residence.
Traffic stops: 13 (5 citations, 8 warnings); welfare check: 1; suspicious vehicle: 1; suspicious person: 1; person assist: 1; minor in possession: 1; juvenile complaint: 1; assist other agency: 1; repossessed vehicle: 1.
MONDAY, JAN. 10
Traffic stops: 2 (0 citations, 2 warnings); assist other agency: 3; non-911 issue: 1; miscellaneous: 1.
TUESDAY, JAN. 11
• Theft (reported), 10:50 a.m., 500 block of South 19th Street; police took a report on the theft of a Christmas stocking.
• Warrant: 12:43 p.m., South 30th Street and Applegate Street, police arrested a 37-year-old Corvallis man on a misdemeanor charge of failure to appear in court.
• DUII, 10:18 p.m., 5200 block of Southwest Philomath Boulevard, Corvallis, police arrested a 51-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (drugs).
Traffic stops: 7 (0 citations, 7 warnings); public works callout: 1; dog at large: 1; dog barking: 1; juvenile complaint: 1.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 12
• Assault (reported), 6:48 p.m., 200 block of South 23rd Street, no details provided in the media log.
Traffic stops: 2 (0 citations, 2 warnings); suicidal person: 1; miscellaneous: 3.
THURSDAY, JAN. 13
Traffic stops: 5 (0 citations, 5 warnings); citizen contact: 1; unsecured premises: 1; found property: 1; dog barking: 1; city ordinance violation: 1; miscellaneous: 3.
Note: The Benton County Sheriff’s Office daily activity log for the period of Jan. 7-13 did not include any calls from the Philomath vicinity.