As longtime residents know, flooding often occurs at this time of the year with the arrival of wet weather. Philomath’s 10-day weather forecast, according to The Weather Channel, shows rain showers are possible daily.
For those living in areas that often see flooding, sand and sandbags are available to the public 24 hours per day at Philomath Public Works. Located at 1515 Willow Lane, Public Works piles sand in an open bay behind the building. Shovels are not provided, so those filling sandbags will need to bring their own.
Other sandbag stations around Benton County include:
• Benton County Public Works Avery Building, 360 SW Avery Ave., Corvallis (weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Community members must check in with public works or call in advance. The sand pile is in the southwest corner of the complex next to the sheriff’s impound yard.
• Benton County Fairgrounds, Southwest Reservoir Avenue and Southwest 53rd Street, Corvallis.
• Willamette Park, Corvallis, next to Community Gardens.
• Cheldelin Middle School, 987 NE Conifer Blvd., Corvallis, in the west parking lot.
• Corvallis High School, 1400 NW Buchanan Ave., Corvallis, in the east parking lot off 11th Street.
• Grant Avenue Baptist Church, 1625 NW Grant Ave., Corvallis, in the back parking lot off 17th Street.
• Corvallis School District Office, 1555 SW 35th St., Corvallis, in the west parking lot behind the bus shelter on 35th Street.
• Circle Boulevard east of the Walnut Boulevard intersection, Corvallis.