The Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife has some tips for anglers looking to get out this weekend. Following are the best bets:
• Rain on the north and mid-coast should get Chinook moving from the bays into freshwater.
• Bradley and Butterfield lakes were stocked recently and fishing has been good to great.
• There are good numbers of Chinook in the Chetco River. With rain in the forecast, look for those numbers to increase.
• Fall can be a great time to fish the Rogue River above Lost Creek Reservoir. Trout have been stocked regularly throughout the summer, and the cooler temperatures have put holdover trout on the bite.
• The Cascade Lakes in central Oregon aren’t snowed in yet, and fall can be a good time to target trout that are feeding enthusiastically as they try to bulk up for the winter.
• Fishing at Cottonwood Meadows Lake has been excellent, and it should continue to be good until snow limits access.
• Anglers have been having some success catching coho and Chinook near the mouth of the Umatilla River.
Several popular fisheries close Oct. 31
Anglers have just two more weekends to hit several popular fisheries before they close for the season.
These include: all cutthroat fishing in coastal rivers and streams, Pacific halibut, Laurance Lake, Crane Prairie, Odell Lake, Wickiup Reservoir and the Metolius River above Allingham Bridge. These closures are to protect migrating salmon/steelhead smolts, and/or sensitive native species like bull trout. Check the regulations for more closures.
The ODFW Hunt by Reservation Program brings hunters and landowners together to provide quality hunting experiences on private land. By making a reservation online, hunters receive a permit to hunt select private lands on dates pre-selected by landowners.
Tips for e-tagging
Whether you plan to hit the field for deer or the water for salmon this weekend, here are some tips for tagging your harvest.
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW FISHING REPORT|
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CRABBING AND CLAMMING REPORT
CLICK HERE TO VIEW BIG-GAME HUNTING REPORT
CLICK HERE TO VIEW GAME BIRD HUNTING REPORT
CLICK HERE TO VIEW WILDLIFE VIEWING REPORT