Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department, Benton County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. Individuals are identified in the log only if arrested on felony charges. Juveniles are not identified. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department
FRIDAY, NOV. 10
• 9:55 a.m. — Police reported seeing a black Hyundai sedan that was unoccupied parked in the bike lane and partial lane of traffic in the 2400 block of Applegate Street, the same vehicle that police had received several complaints about before it was found. Police went to the Philomath address of the registered owner and called for a tow truck with its location resulting in a traffic hazard. But when police returned to the Applegate Street location, the Hyundai was gone and the tow truck had not yet arrived.
Other calls: Police responses included a non-911 issue at 8:44 a.m. (Applegate Street), 911 hang-up call at 9:29 a.m. (Main Street), welfare check at 4:04 p.m. (Vincent Street), animal complaint at 5:15 p.m. (North Ninth Street and Quail Glenn Drive) and a parking complaint at 5:52 p.m. (South 12th Street). PPD reported five traffic stops.
SATURDAY, NOV. 11
• 8:12 p.m. — Police transported a 51-year-old Philomath man experiencing a mental health crisis to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis.
Other calls: PPD reported one traffic stop.
SUNDAY, NOV. 12
• No calls of significance were reported.
Other calls: Police responses included a suspicious circumstance at 11:16 a.m. (Adelaide Drive). PPD reported three traffic stops.
MONDAY, NOV. 13
• 6:26 p.m. — Police arrested a 76-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (blood alcohol content of .15 through .19) during a traffic stop in the 1400 block of Main Street.
Other calls: Police responses included a 911 hang-up call at 1:59 p.m. (Main Street) and a report of threats at 5:33 p.m. (Newton Street). PPD reported six traffic stops.
TUESDAY, NOV. 14
• 11 p.m. — Police arrested a 45-year-old Corvallis man on a warrant for contempt of court. He was issued a citation in lieu of custody.
Other calls: Police responses included a welfare check at 4:23 p.m. (Main Street). PPD reported eight traffic stops.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 15
• 12:11 p.m. — Police responded to a verbal disturbance in the 2000 block of Applegate Street. A report was taken and a case number assigned.
• 1:38 p.m. — Police responded to a report of third-degree theft in the 300 block of North Seventh Street. No other details were made available other than a report was taken and assigned a case number.
Other calls: Police responses included a report of trespassing at 12:50 a.m. (Main Street). In addition, police assisted the Benton County Sheriff’s Office on a call at 3:57 p.m. (Southwest 53rd Street, Corvallis). PPD reported 15 traffic stops.
THURSDAY, NOV. 16
• 7:47 a.m. — Police responded to a traffic hazard involving a delivery truck operated by an inexperienced driver that was blocking the roadway in the vicinity of North 19th Street and Main Street. The vehicle was moved.
Other calls: Police responses included a report of reckless driving at 8:53 a.m. (Main Street). PPD reported seven traffic stops.
SATURDAY, OCT. 28
• 2:49 a.m. — Police responded to a one-vehicle crash at Main Street and Newton Street involving a pickup that hit a power pole on Main Street and Newton Street. The driver, a 51-year-old Philomath man who was transported to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center with minor injuries, was later arrested on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (blood alcohol content of .20 or above). See separate updated story.
TUESDAY, OCT. 31
• 7:47 p.m. — Police responded to a report of assault in the 600 block of Main Street. Later on Nov. 9, police arrested a 57-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of third-degree criminal mischief with crime damage. The individual arrested reportedly assaulted the victim and broke three of his cameras.
FRIDAY, NOV. 3
• 6:07 a.m. — Police conducted a death investigation at a residence in the 200 block of South Ninth Street. The death was ruled to be of natural causes.
• 8:48 p.m. — Police responded to a report of trespassing at an Avondale Place residence involving a man who refused to leave his home after it had been sold. Police arrested the 32-year-old Philomath man on misdemeanor charges of second-degree criminal trespass and improper use of 911.
SUNDAY, NOV. 5
• 4:46 p.m. — Police arrested a 57-year-old Springfield man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (blood alcohol test refused) during a traffic stop in an area near Highway 20 and Kings Valley Highway.
Benton County Sheriff’s Office
THURSDAY, OCT. 26
• 9:20 a.m. — Deputies arrested a 68-year-old Philomath man at a Main Street residence on 11 active warrants for failure to appear during a planned sex offender compliance operation. Because of medical limitations, the man was issued citations in lieu of custody and released.
SUNDAY, NOV. 5
• 6:20 p.m. — Deputies arrested a 26-year-old Aloha man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants (drugs) and reckless driving during a traffic stop on Highway 20 outside Philomath for a vehicle with no visible plates and failing to maintain its lane.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8
• 12:55 p.m. — Deputies responded to a report of a dog that nearly caused a wreck while running at large on Kings Valley Highway. The dog’s owner was issued a warning.
THURSDAY, NOV. 9
• 8:28 a.m. — Deputies responded to a crash at an Iris Circle address involving a 72-year-old woman who had driven past a resident’s home, through the backyard and into a brush area. See separate story.
FRIDAY, NOV. 10
• 9:13 a.m. — Deputies transported a stray dog from Blitz Lane in Blodgett to Heartland Humane Society in Corvallis to be impounded. The dog was an adult neutered male black lab mix wearing a blue harness and some tags.
• 4:26 p.m. — Deputies arrested Mikical Keith Stanley, 32, of Blodgett, on a felony arrest warrant out of Tennessee for failure to register as a sex offender. He was lodged at Benton County Jail.
Oregon State Police
SUNDAY, NOV. 12
• 2:08 a.m. — Troopers responded to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 551 about 1 mile south of the Interstate 5 interchange that took the life of Antonio Davila Rodriguez, 40, of Tualatin. OSP’s preliminary investigation indicated that a Honda Civic driven by Rodriguez was heading south when it veered off the roadway for unknown reasons and struck a concrete barrier head-on and rolled. Rodriguez was pronounced deceased at the scene.