Comp plan amendment among agenda items at Feb. 14 regular meeting
The Philomath City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 14, for an agenda that includes a public hearing for proposed amendments to the citizen involvement section of the city’s Comprehensive Plan.
The Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of the proposed language changes, which meet criteria outlined in municipal code, state statute and the comp plan.
The council will also revisit the North 11th Street public improvements issue, which will feature a look at an amended engineer’s report for a proposed local improvement district and possible vote on a resolution to move forward to the next step.
Also on the agenda:
• Appointment of a budget officer.
• Appointments to the Budget Committee.
• Awarding of design services for the streetscape’s sidewalk inlay project.
• Consideration of transitioning the live streaming of meetings to the YouTube platform.
• Decision on applying for a grant to add benches to Philomath City Park.
• Appointment to fill an official member vacancy on the Inclusivity Committee
• Decision on donating to the Philomath High School Hall of Fame Committee.
• Decision on entering into a program’s agreement that would provide water bill relief to low-income residents.
• Consideration of a city code amendment ordinance related to “council rules.”
Councilors will meet virtually through Zoom, but the city does provide citizens with the option of appearing in person to provide public comments. To make arrangements to testify either on Zoom or in person, contact the city recorder’s office by 4 p.m. Monday at 541-929-6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments can be submitted by noon Monday via email or at City Hall.
The city provides live-streaming of meetings on its Facebook page.