VOLUME 4, NUMBER 202
Saturday, September 16, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: Coaches and players know it wasn’t perfect but Philomath High’s football team was still able to take care of Cottage Grove on the road Friday night, 41-17. Also, I have a Three Things column that includes items on Munk Davis and his first book, a heartwarming gift to a local shop and a short preview of Philomath Open Studios. On another note, happy 90th birthday to Doyle Hughes!
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Russell throws for 327 yards and 4 TDs, Nuno scores 3 times on a run, reception and fumble return as Philomath improves to 2-1
COTTAGE GROVE — In a game that started a half-hour late and featured big plays by both teams, Philomath High moved to 2-1 on the season with a 41-17 victory […]
Three Things: Philomath’s newest author, stolen flag anonymously replaced and annual art tour upcoming
Retired 16 months ago from a career in chemical engineering, Philomath resident Munk Davis reignited a longing from his younger years to put pen to […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 41-17 football win at Cottage Grove on Friday.
Just before Portland’s City Council approved a ban on public drug use last week, Mayor Ted Wheeler described what he’d observed on his way to […]
Many of the most well-loved and legendary film characters are inextricable from the actors who played them, so much so that it’s often impossible to […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The volunteers started showing up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday ready to go to work. Over the next five hours, waves of individuals and […]
A hot afternoon, an eight-day stretch in between contests and three starters missing from the game-opening lineup provided the Philomath High girls soccer team with […]
A collection of photos from the Community Day of Service at Mount Union Cemetery on Saturday, Sept. 9.
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 9-1 mercy-rule victory over visiting Estacada on Thursday.
The Philomath High School girls cross-country team placed three runners in the top 10 and won the Country Fair Classic by 30 points Thursday over […]
The Philomath High School boys soccer team pushed unbeaten Estacada through the first half but the Rangers proved to be too strong in the second […]
• Sunday, Sept. 17: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 17: Philomath Community Services Celebration, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 17: Concert at Marys River Grange Hall, 7 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 18: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Sept. 18: Mobile Makerspace at the Library, 3:30-5 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 18: Philomath Planning Commission Meeting, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Sept. 19: LEGO Day at the Library, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19: PHS volleyball vs. Cascade, 6 p.m.