Volume 3, Number 174
Good Morning. It’s Wednesday, November 9, 2022
The race for City Council seats is the closest I’ve seen since covering Philomath elections. The 11 p.m. release of the results showed a difference of only 19 votes between sixth and ninth place. For the final seat, Peggy Yoder trailed David Low by one vote at the 8 p.m. release and then she led him by three votes at 11 p.m. Every vote really does count.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Renewal of Philomath School District’s 5-year local operating levy passes by considerable margin
Philomath Mayor Chas Jones will remain in place for another two years, the City Council saw a very close vote for the fifth and sixth seats and the school district’s local option levy renewal passed by an overwhelming margin. Those were among the takeaways of unofficial results released at 11 p.m. Tuesday by the Benton […]
Oregon’s race for governor is a two-way contest between Democrat Tina Kotek and Republican Christine Drazan, early election results showed. With more than 1 million […]
Early returns released Tuesday show support for four statewide measures, though the results are mostly tight. Only one, Measure 113 that aims to ban legislative […]
The first voting results announced Tuesday night in Oregon showed that two Republican candidates vying for seats in the Oregon Senate were in the lead. […]
Democrats led in two competitive Oregon congressional elections after early results posted Tuesday night, while a Republican was ahead in the race to replace outgoing […]
A new coffee shop in Adair Village announced a partnership with Daxbot to deliver java to customers in that community.
The Benton County Genealogical Society invites the community to a free program on Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Philomath Museum. “The Civil War Soldier” will […]
Benton County enters into collaboration to develop a coordinated entry system that connects community members to housing and services, officials announced on Tuesday. Benton County, […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A fire that appears to have been ignited by a faulty home heating system damaged a Blodgett home on Monday, Philomath Fire & Rescue reported. […]
The history of the Triple Nickles, an all-Black parachute infantry battalion activated during World War II, will be featured at a Veterans Day Community Celebration […]
• Wednesday, Nov. 9: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 9: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 9: Veterans Day Community Celebration, 6-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 9: Philomath Bluegrass Workshop and Jam, 7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 10: PHS Veterans Day Assembly, 11:45 a.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 10: Teen Hangout at the Library, 3:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 12: Winter Warm-Up at Willamette Grange, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 12: Benton County Genealogical Society Program, 11 a.m.-noon
• Monday, Nov. 14: Philomath Fire & Rescue Board of Directors Meeting, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 14: Philomath City Council Executive Session, 5:30 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 14: Philomath City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.