Published as it appeared on April 5, 1901, in the Corvallis Times, Page 3, Column 6.
IN THE GRAVE.
Death and Burial of Mrs. Mary Bronson (Brownson), a Pioneer of Fifty-Five.
The mortal remains of Mrs. Mary Bronson (Brownson) passed through Corvallis Saturday, en route to the churchyard. Death occurred at the home of her daughter, Mrs. James Williams at Amity, last Friday. The remains were brought up on the Westside train and taken to the Newton cemetery for interment. The deceased was the widow of the late Julius Bronson (Brownson), who was at one time sheriff of Benton county. She was aged about 75 years.
Mrs. Bronson (Brownson) was born in the town of Franklin, Delaware county, N.Y., April 9, 1826. She experienced religion and joined the Baptist church when a girl of 15 years. She married Julius Bronson (Brownson) Sept. 9, 1845, and came to Oregon in 1855, locating in Benton county, where she lived the remainder of her life, with the exception of a few years spent in Eastern Washington where she lost her husband. She was familiarly and most favorably known in the vicinity of Corvallis and Philomath, where she will ever be remembered as having done many kind and Christian act, ever ready and willing to be a friend and helper in time of need. Her faculties remained keen and she was cheerful up to the last hour of her life. She died as she lived, full in the faith and was ready and willing to go. She leaves three daughters and one son. Mrs. Ella Williams, of Amity, Mrs. Delle Newton, of Corvallis, Mrs. Addie Baldwin, of Albany, and Mark T. Brownson, of Portland.