Published as it appeared on April 26, 1924, in the Corvallis Gazette-Times, Page 3, Column 4.
Blood Poisoning Causes Death—Loren L. Lewis, 10-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. F.A. Lewis, died last night at the Corvallis General Hospital, from blood poisoning that developed about two weeks ago. The lad had not been well for a year or more, had a broken bone in his hand, and it is believed the poisoning developed from injuries. He would have celebrated his 11th anniversary next September. The Lewises came here during the winter from North Dakota and had resided in Corvallis but a few months. The funeral service will be held from Bovee’s chapel at 2 o’clock Sunday afternoon, with interment in Newton cemetery.