Editor’s note: The Law Enforcement report is based on information submitted by the Philomath Police Department in addition to activity logs published by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. All calls for service may not be included. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. People arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department Log
FRIDAY, APRIL 16
• Suspicious vehicle, 1:39 a.m., 1900 block of Main Street.
• Suspicious vehicle, 1:51 a.m., North 19th Street and Main Street.
• Hit-and-run, 9:54 a.m., 300 block of North 13th Street, no details provided.
• Suspicious person (reported), 11:30 a.m., 100 block of North 16th Street.
• Suspicious activity (reported), 2:15 p.m., 1900 block of College Street.
• Warrant, 7:59 p.m., 700 block of Main Street, police arrested Isaac Jonathon James, 23, of Albany, on a warrant for failure to appear on a criminal citation.
Traffic stops: 9 (1 citation, 8 warnings); motorist assistance: 1; dog complaint: 2; foot patrol: 1; disabled vehicle: 1; child abuse report: 1.
SATURDAY, APRIL 17
• Vicious dog, 7:27 p.m., Pioneer Street and North 13th Street.
Traffic stops: 8 (8 warnings); non-911 issue: 1; noise disturbance: 1; assist other agency: 1.
SUNDAY, APRIL 18
• Argument, 1:04 p.m., 200 block of South 17th Street.
Traffic stops: 6 (2 citations, 4 warnings); noise disturbance: 1; assist other agency: 1; cat complaint: 1; juvenile arrest: 1
MONDAY, APRIL 19
• Theft (reported), 9:11 a.m., 200 block of Neabeack Hill Drive, package reported stolen from porch on April 15 at about 5:50 p.m.; suspect was male wearing an orange long-sleeved shirt and a ballcap with a facemask.
• Criminal mischief (reported): 9:56 a.m., 600 block of Clemens Mill Road, 20-by-40-foot canopy and three propane heaters damaged sometime between 1:30 p.m. April 18 and 9 a.m. April 19 at Philomath Scout Lodge.
• Disturbance, 4:28 p.m., 600 block of South 19th Street.
• Violation of an order (reported), 8:30 p.m., 300 block of North 18th Street.
• Warrant service, 8:45 p.m., South 26th Street and Main Street, no details provided on a possible arrest.
• Domestic disturbance, 11:11 p.m., 200 block of South 17th Street.
• Violation of an order, 11:31 p.m., South 19th Street and Lowther Place, police later arrested Theodore Tyrone Jessing, 40, of Philomath, on a charge of violating a release agreement.
Traffic stops: 2 (1 citation, 1 warning); assist other agency: 1; noise disturbance: 1.
TUESDAY, APRIL 20
• Fraud (reported), 11:45 a.m., 300 block of North 18th Street.
• Theft, 2:56 p.m., 1800 block of Main Street, police later arrested Sheena Ann Willis, 22, of Philomath, on a charge of second-degree theft/shoplifting, and Christian Archer, 23, of Philomath, on a charge of second-degree theft.
• Suspicious circumstance (reported), 11:35 p.m., 3100 block of Main Street.
Traffic stops: 9 (3 citations, 6 warnings); search warrant: 1; civil standby order: 1
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
• Driving while suspended, 1:19 p.m., 1900 block of Main Street, police arrested Kenneth Dwayne Smith, 31, of Philomath, on a charge of driving while suspended.
• Unauthorized entry into motor vehicle, 4:59 p.m., Applegate Street and South 18th Street.
Traffic stops: 4 (3 warnings, 1 arrest); parking complaint: 1; abandoned vehicle: 1; police officer hold: 1; assist other agency: 1; dog complaint: 1.
THURSDAY, APRIL 22
• Suspicious person (reported), 5:10 p.m., 2000 block of Applegate Street.
• Suspicious person (reported), 5:47 p.m., 400 block of Northwest Seventh Street, Corvallis.
• Warrants, 7:55 p.m., Fern Road and Chapel Drive, police arrested Tarah Lyn Hyre, 32, of Philomath, on warrants for failure to appear on a criminal citation.
• Warrant, 10:08 p.m., 2400 block of Main Street, police arrested Geri Jean Wutzke, 54, of Lake Oswego, on a warrant for failure to appear.
Traffic stops: 20 (5 citations, 15 warnings); assist other agency: 2; welfare check: 1; dog complaint: 1
FRIDAY, APRIL 16
• Warrant, 11:39 p.m., Maxwell Creek Road near Kings Valley Highway, deputies arrested Daniel Quast, 31, of Albany, on a warrant out of Albany Municipal Court; Quast was cited and released.
SUNDAY, APRIL 18
• Crash, time not reported, Highway 34 near milepost 46, deputies responded to single-vehicle crash, driver reported having panic attack and lost control of vehicle; minor injuries with transport to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.