Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the newspaper by Philomath Fire & Rescue. Locations are approximate. Following is a rundown of all calls for the period of Nov. 18-24:
FRIDAY, NOV. 18
• Medical, 6:43 a.m., 700 block of Quail Glenn Drive.
• Fire alarm, 9:48 a.m., 2000 block of Applegate Street.
• Burning complaint, 11:55 a.m., 36000 block of Marys River Road.
• Fire, 2:40 p.m., 26000 block of Bellfountain Road, Monroe; burn pile that escaped containment; Fire & Rescue’s response canceled en route.
• Flue fire, 3:08 p.m., 28000 block of Highway 99W, Monroe; canceled en route.
• Crash, 6:07 p.m., Woods Creek Road near milepost 1; motorist not with his vehicle; see police log entry for more information.
• Lines down/arching, 11:59 p.m., 5000 block of Southwest Plymouth Drive, Corvallis; vehicle crashed into a power pole; no injuries reported; power line went into trees and caused a fire in multiple place; firefighters waited for the power company to shut off the power and made sure that the fires did not spread; response included one engine with three personnel and an incident commander.
SATURDAY, NOV. 19
• Public assistance, 1:34 a.m., 500 block of South 19th Street.
• Crash, 3:08 p.m., Highway 20 and Highway 34; two-vehicle crash; one person with minor injuries.
• Flue fire, 3:12 p.m., 24000 block of Finch Lane; fire out on arrival; extinguished by home owner.
SUNDAY, NOV. 20
• Medical, 4:28 a.m., 3000 block of Southwood Drive.
• Medical, 6:19 a.m., 1300 block of Applegate Street.
• Medical, 6:46 a.m., 200 block of North Seventh Street.
• Fire, 10:55 a.m., 31000 block of Homestead Road; fire at fifth-wheel trailer out on arrival; cause determined to be electrical short-circuit; minimal damage to the exterior of the vehicle.
• Small fire, 6:33 p.m., 36000 block of Blakesley Creek Road; burn pile at remote location escaped containment; situation turned over to Oregon Department of Forestry to manage with the landowner.
MONDAY, NOV. 21
• Public assistance, 8:44 a.m., 2200 block of Rosecrest Drive.
• Medical, 8:54 a.m., 6200 block of Reservoir Avenue; baby girl delivered by parents in the front seat of a Kia; mother and child reportedly healthy; the family had been traveling from Toledo to a birthing center in Corvallis; a midwife arrived at the scene to take over care.
• Mutual aid, 9:54 a.m., Corvallis Station 2.
• Medical, 9:59 a.m., 900 block of Sequoia Avenue.
• Medical, 1:37 p.m., 1100 block of North Ninth Street.
• Public assistance, 1:49 p.m., 23000 block of Highway 20.
• Medical, 6:12 p.m., 24000 block of Highway 34.
• Public assistance, 11:39 p.m., 24000 block of Gellatly Way.
TUESDAY, NOV. 22
• Medical, 8:32 a.m., 36000 block of North Creek Road.
• Medical, 11:02 a.m., 500 block of North 11th Street.
• Medical, 4:35 p.m., 200 block of South 13th Street.
• Public assistance, 11:39 p.m., 500 block of South 19th Street.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 23
• Medical, 7:45 p.m., 300 block of North 16th Lane.
THURSDAY, NOV. 24
• Public assistance, 3:47 p.m., 30000 block of Decker Ridge Road.