Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the newspaper by Philomath Fire & Rescue. Locations are approximate. Following is a rundown of all calls for the period of June 3-9:
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
• Medical, 2:11 a.m., 1400 block of Applegate Street.
• Medical, 10:54 p.m., Kings Valley Highway near milepost 22.
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
• Mutual aid, 8:57 a.m., 40 block of Yates Place, Alsea, canceled en route.
• Medical, 9:45 a.m., 300 block of North Ninth Street.
• Crash, 5:15 p.m., Highway 20 and Kings Valley Highway, crash involving a vehicle with two occupants and another vehicle with three occupants; minor injuries with one person refusing medical transport; assisted by Blodgett-Summit Rural Fire Protection District.
SUNDAY, JUNE 5
• Medical, 3:57 a.m., 300 block of North 16th Street.
• Medical, 1:50 p.m., 23000 block of Woods Creek Road.
• Mutual aid, 5:33 p.m., Corvallis Fire Station No. 2; dispatched to provide stand-by but rerouted on a second alarm to a fire (see below)
• Fire, 5:33 p.m., 1200 block of Northwest 16th Street, Corvallis; response included an engine with a crew of three and a duty officer; provided assistance with salvage and overhaul. In addition, Fire & Rescue staged a truck with a crew of four in the Bi-Mart parking lot on Southwest Philomath Boulevard to help cover both Philomath and west Corvallis.
• Medical, 6:19 p.m., 3000 block of Northwest Sylvan Drive, Corvallis (response from the crew staged on Southwest Philomath Boulevard).
• Medical, 6:54 p.m., 6000 block of Southwest Mosaic Drive, Corvallis (response from the crew staged on Southwest Philomath Boulevard).
MONDAY, JUNE 6
• Public assistance, 12:27 p.m., 23000 block of Highway 20.
• Medical, 12:49 p.m., 24000 block of Highway 20.
• Medical, 7:47 p.m., 100 block of North Eighth Street.
TUESDAY, JUNE 7
• Fire, 4:20 a.m., 25000 block of Grange Hall Road; fire in a compressor used in the heating system in the basement of a home; tenant extinguished the fire with a portable extinguisher and turned off the power to the compressor prior to Fire & Rescue’s arrival; response included an engine crew of two and two chief officers.
• Medical, 9:08 a.m., 38800 block of Kings Valley Highway.
• Medical, 11:18 a.m., 3000 block of Applegate Street.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8
• Medical, 12:20 a.m., 24000 block of Columbine Drive.
• Medical, 11:48 a.m., 38800 block of Kings Valley Highway.
• Medical, 5:51 p.m., 1400 block of Cedar Street.