Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the newspaper by Philomath Fire & Rescue. Locations are approximate. Following is a rundown of all calls for the period of Dec. 31-Jan. 6:
FRIDAY, DEC. 31
• Medical, 1:41 a.m., 3000 block of Oakview Drive, Corvallis.
• Crash, 7:22 a.m., Bellfountain Road and Chapel Drive, single-vehicle crash with ice on the road, minor injuries with self-transport to hospital for further evaluation.
• Public assistance, 8:12 a.m., 200 block of South 13th Street.
• Public assistance, 9:15 a.m., 30800 block of Botkin Road.
SATURDAY, JAN. 1
• Medical, 1:35 a.m., 1000 block of Main Street.
• Medical, 10:57 a.m., 1200 block of North 19th Street.
• Medical, 11:47 a.m., 100 block of South 20th Street.
• Flue fire, 3:50 p.m., 23000 block of Greasy Creek Road, on arrival homeowner had fire mostly out and smoldering; no smoke in the house with the fire contained to the chimney. “When a flue fire happens, people should not use the fireplace until the interior of the chimney flue is inspected by a professional in the case that cracks develop in the mortar,” Philomath Fire & Rescue Capt. Rich Saalsaa said. “In addition, people should not burn wrapping paper except to start the fire. Paper and cardboard puts out a lot of heat that can start a flue fire with chimneys that have built up creosote layers. Chimneys should be cleaned at least once a year.”
• Medical, 4:21 p.m., 2800 block of Newton Place.
• Medical, 7:28 p.m, 1700 block of Cedar Street.
SUNDAY, JAN. 2
• Medical, 9:46 a.m., 800 block of North 12th Street.
• Burning complaint, 5:40 p.m., 3400 block of Bellfountain Road.
MONDAY, JAN. 3
• Medical, 8:05 a.m., 3000 block of Applegate Street.
• Medical, 8:41 a.m., 3000 block of Main Street.
• Small fire, 9:15 a.m., 38200 block of Fort Hoskins Road, power line down, fire out on arrival; Hoskins-Kings Valley Rural Fire assisted.
• Medical, 11:18 a.m., 300 block of North 16th Lane.
TUESDAY, JAN. 4
• Medical, 9:12 p.m., 2300 block of Rosecrest Loop.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 5
• Medical, 5:42 a.m., 2400 block of Penland Drive.
• Crash, 6:19 a.m., 1000 block of Applegate Street, single-vehicle crash into a parked car with driver who fell asleep at the wheel; minor injuries; driver was transported to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.
• Medical, 7:38 p.m, 700 block of North 12th Street.
THURSDAY, JAN. 6
• Public assistance, 11:49 a.m., 900 block of North Ninth Street.