VOLUME 4, NUMBER 232
Friday, October 27, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: I sat down with Ethel (Quetschke) Post yesterday morning on her 100th birthday and we had a nice chat about her early years in the Philomath vicinity. The feature story I put together includes some fun references that old-timers here in the area might remember. Plus, Summit Grange is hosting a Halloween party Saturday night.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
A Quetschke girl who grew up on the family farm on Woods Creek Road, Ethel revisits early life on her 100th birthday
A century ago on the family property out on Woods Creek Road a few miles west of Philomath, William and Estella Quetschke celebrated the arrival of their first child. The […]
The Summit Grange will host its annual Halloween party Saturday night with DTW set to take the stage. The event will run from 8-11 p.m. […]
Republic Services will provide curbside pickup of loose leaves in Philomath every other week on five dates from Nov. 2 until Dec. 21, the city […]
Ten Rivers Food Web, a nonprofit organization that serves residents in Benton, Linn and Lincoln counties, will host its one-day farmers’ market known as Fill […]
The Earth is barreling toward “uncharted climate territory” and on track to become uninhabitable for between three and six billion people by the end of […]
Oregon financial regulators have reached a settlement with a precious metals dealer that allegedly targeted hundreds of elderly people in 30 states who sunk millions […]
The real estate frenzy spurred by the coronavirus pandemic continues, though at a slower pace. Buyers are still competing for a limited supply of housing, […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The downtown area may seem congested with the ongoing streetscapes project but it won’t stop the Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce from spotlighting its businesses […]
The Oregon West’s all-conference volleyball team released Wednesday features the rare instance of two sisters making the first team — and yes, they’re from Philomath. […]
• Friday, Oct. 27: PHS Football vs. Sweet Home, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 28: PHS Cross-Country at Oregon West Conference Championships, 11:15 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 28: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 28: PHS Volleyball at Crook County, 5:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 28: Halloween Party with DTW at Summit Grange, 8-11 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 29: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 30: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Oct. 30: Philomath City Council Special Meeting, 6 p.m.