Volume 3, Number 97
Good Morning. It’s Thursday, August 4, 2022
The Philomath News is on summer break until Aug. 8.
The Latest …
Coach Joe Fulton and group of Philomath athletes among those in Eugene for an up-close look at an inspiring event
The World Athletics Championships that ran from July 15-24 in Eugene provided local track and field fans with a unique opportunity to enjoy these athletes in the renovated Hayward Field. Among those in the stands were Philomath High School athletes and their head coach. “Many of our cross-country and track athletes attended one or more […]
The Oregon Athletic Officials Association and the Oregon School Activities Association are recruiting officials for the high school fall sports seasons, the organizations announced. Officials […]
Only one of the four statewide ballot measures Oregonians will vote on in November comes at a financial cost to local governments. That measure would […]
The weeklong heat wave in Oregon ended on Monday with 14 suspected deaths and dozens of complaints about companies not following new rules to protect […]
Efforts to renew a wastewater permit for a shuttered chicken slaughterhouse in Creswell are raising concerns among some locals that the plant will reopen and […]
Tenderloin, strip, rib eye, porterhouse—the words alone of the choicest cuts of cow, aged to tenderized perfection and served under bordelaise, béarnaise, or au poivre, […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A Corvallis man faces several charges, including kidnapping a female known to him, after being arrested by Benton County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Saturday morning […]
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Grow Wild Day at Softstar with Katy Bowman, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Philomath Scout Lodge Celebration, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, Aug. 7: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath City Council Work Session, 5:30 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 10: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 10: Squishtivities by Strengthening Rural Families, 11 a.m.