Volume 3, Number 96
Good Morning. It’s Tuesday, August 2, 2022
The Philomath News is on summer break until Aug. 8.
Corvallis man, 51, faces multiple charges, including kidnapping of woman and eluding deputies
A Corvallis man faces several charges, including kidnapping a female known to him, after being arrested by Benton County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Saturday morning at the corner of Highway 99W and Greenberry Road about 11 miles southwest of Philomath. Daniel Lee Adams, 51, was arrested at about 6 a.m. July 30 and transported to […]
Your correspondent was perturbed with a feeling of abject nostalgia the weekend last, so I ventured to a neighborhood that I had once called home to see if it had changed much in the last few years. This prompted a rain-infused drive from Corvallis up to St. Johns in Portland, a locale which I had […]
Military veterans living in Benton, Lincoln or Linn counties or surrounding areas are invited to attend free photography workshops led by professional photographers Karl Maasdam […]
Oregon meat eaters are likely to have access to more local beef and other products and at cheaper prices with a new program that will […]
Those with graduate degrees earn more on average than those without them—but not all jobs are equal. And while rising tuition costs are enough to […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The COVID pandemic shut down television and movie productions all over the world. Producers couldn’t figure out ways to keep adequate social distance between performers […]
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: National Night Out, 6-8 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Virtual Philomath Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3: Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce Greeters, 8:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Grow Wild Day at Softstar with Katy Bowman, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Philomath Scout Lodge Celebration, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, Aug. 7: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath City Council Work Session, 5:30 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 8: Philomath City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.