Volume 3, Number 95
Good Morning. It’s Sunday, July 31, 2022
The Philomath News is on summer break until Aug. 8.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Based in Summit area, Peter Wickliffe’s work includes award-winning short film and launch of Western series
The COVID pandemic shut down television and movie productions all over the world. Producers couldn’t figure out ways to keep adequate social distance between performers and crew members, and the safest bet was simply to close up shop and wait for the pandemic to ease. Peter Wickliffe, a director and writer who lives with his […]
Letter to the Editor: Local resident Peggy Yoder writes about the psilocybin issue discussed at the July 25 City Council meeting and comments on another […]
This spring, the federal Bureau of Land Management was ready to approve a long-term permit for livestock grazing on 200,000 acres of public land in […]
On Friday, ExxonMobil and Chevron reported more windfall profits in the second quarter of 2022 amid ever-increasing oil and gas prices. Exxon netted $17.9 billion, […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Described by the national organization as a “community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to […]
• Sunday, July 31: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, July 31: Music in the Park with Family Tradition, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: National Night Out, 6-8 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Virtual Philomath Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Grow Wild Day at Softstar with Katy Bowman, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 6: Philomath Scout Lodge Celebration, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.