Volume 3, Number 93
Good Morning. It’s Thursday, July 28, 2022
The Philomath News is on summer break until Aug. 8.
The Latest …
Vehicle reportedly went airborne, hit power pole, landed in the trees; driver escaped serious injuries
The driver of a vehicle that left Highway 34 in a high-speed crash on Tuesday reportedly escaped with only minor injuries. Philomath Fire & Rescue responded to a report of the crash at 11:51 a.m. and arrived to find a single vehicle off the road into the trees in an area near Fircreek Lane. Capt. […]
Allegations against fire chief include threats and intimidation, taking retaliatory action
The union representing professional staff members at Philomath Fire & Rescue last week filed an unfair labor practice complaint against the fire district with Oregon’s Employee Relations Board. Philomath Firefighters International Association of Fire Fighters Local 4925 in the documentation claims several alleged violations of state statutes involving Fire Chief Tom Miller, including threatening and […]
Gov. Kate Brown declared a state of emergency Tuesday for most of Oregon through the end of July as a heatwave continues to pummel the […]
While more women are attending college than ever before, they continue to earn less than their male counterparts, according to an analysis of 2020 Census […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A former employee of Rex and Ethel Clemens, Philomath Scout Lodge board member Carol Stueve gets sentimental when talking about the timber industry couple that […]
• Friday, July 29: Guitarist David Rogers in Concert, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, July 30: PHS All-Class Reunion, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Sunday, July 31: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, July 31: Music in the Park with Family Tradition, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: National Night Out, 6-8 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2: Virtual Philomath Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.