Volume 3, Number 124
Good Morning. It’s Friday, September 9, 2022
The fire weather watch that I mentioned yesterday was upgraded to a red flag warning. And Pacific Power is among the power companies preparing to begin periodic power shutoffs today — not in Philomath or this immediate vicinity but as close as Sweet Home over in Linn County and in a few spots in Lincoln County.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Following a closed meeting on Thursday, the board voted to appoint 2 members to enter into the job-related discussion with Tom Miller
The Philomath Fire & Rescue Board of Directors came out of a 32-minute closed meeting on Thursday afternoon and unanimously passed a motion to delegate two board members to “work through employment issues with the fire chief.” Board members Doug Edmonds and Daphne Phillips were authorized to enter into the discussion with Tom Miller, who […]
Moderate to strong wind, low humidity expected in the region Friday and Saturday
The National Weather Service issued a red flag warning for east slopes of the Oregon Coast Range region, which includes Philomath. The warning begins at 11 a.m. Friday and is currently scheduled to end at 11 p.m. Saturday. The NWS issues a red flag warning when the potential for high fire danger and extreme fire […]
The Oregon Health Authority last week authorized the updated COVID-19 boosters produced by Pfizer and Moderna for use in Oregon and a local vaccination clinic […]
Electric companies in Oregon are warning thousands of customers that they could face power shutoffs amid a forecast of hot, windy conditions at a time […]
Alex Tretbar scratched Lou Reed lyrics into the concrete “rhomboid exoskeleton” of an Oregon jail’s solitary confinement hole, then found the strength to write about […]
Since her royal coronation on June 2, 1953, Queen Elizabeth II has sat on the throne for more than six decades. 2022 marks her 70th […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The Benton County Fire Defense Board declared a total burn restriction to run from Thursday until 8 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 12. Officials with the […]
The Philomath High School girls soccer team posted an 8-0 road victory on Wednesday at Cottage Grove in a game that was stopped in the […]
• Friday, Sept. 9: PHS football at Putnam (Milwaukee), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 10: PHS cross-country at Saxon Invite, 9 a.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 11: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 11: Public Safety Chili Cook-Off, 2-6 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 12: Philomath City Council Work Session, 5:30 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 12: Philomath City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 13: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 14: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 14: Philomath Public Works Committee Meeting, 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 14: Philomath Bluegrass Workshop and Jam, 7 p.m.