Volume 3, Number 102
Good Morning. It’s Friday, August 12, 2022
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office touched base with me yesterday and said there are still spots open in its Citizens’ Academy, which runs Sept. 6 to Oct. 25. If you might be interested, here’s a story I wrote last month and BCSO also has a webpage set up with all kinds of further information and a link to the application form.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Quilts from Caring Hands, which meets Wednesdays in Philomath, has been providing comfort to at-risk children for more than 30 years
In a darkened bedroom in Albany, a baby girl born to a drug-addicted mother and experiencing withdrawal lies in her crib. Over in Philomath, a preteen feels the weight of the world coming down after going through the emotional ordeal of moving in with a foster family. And up in Salem, a visually-impaired 7-year-old boy […]
Council tasked with making a decision on the city’s share of funding the multi-million dollar project after construction bids came in higher than anticipated
The Philomath City Council plans to meet at 6 p.m. Friday at City Hall to provide direction on funding for the Downtown Safety and Streetscapes Improvement Project. City Manager Chris Workman at the Aug. 8 council meeting reported that the lowest of four construction bids for the project came in a couple of million dollars […]
The federal government is giving $1.8 million to Oregon to tackle toxic waste that is sickening fish in the Columbia River. The grant was announced […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
The Philomath School Board filled a vacant seat on Tuesday night by choosing and swearing in 23-year-old Christopher McMorran, a local graduate who attended the […]
A six-episode miniseries that filmed a pivotal scene at Mount Union Cemetery in Philomath will be featured at a premiere event on Thursday, Aug. 18 […]
For those who read the list of fire calls each week or have noticed more sirens in town this summer, you probably realize that local […]
• Friday, Aug. 12: Cardwell Hill Cellars Summer Concert Series, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 13: Philomath Frolic & Rodeo Presents Casino Night, 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Aug. 14: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 15: Philomath Planning Commission Meeting, 6 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 15: Kings Valley Charter School Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 16: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 16: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Aug. 16: Philomath Finance and Administration Committee, 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 17: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 17: Brown Bag Book Club, noon
• Thursday, Aug. 18: Music in the Park with Rhythm of Ages, 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 18: Philomath School Board Meeting, 7 p.m.