VOLUME 4, NUMBER 248
Friday, November 17, 2023
Happy Friday. In the newsletter today: Former PHS coach Troy Muir spoke to the Philomath School Board last night with an appeal to allow him to become a volunteer assistant with the Warriors boys basketball program. Also, a death notice for a Blodgett resident, OSU’s decision to drop out of a plan to manage Elliott State Research Forest and the latest Mount Union Stories installment about a Philomath man killed in a 1919 logging accident. (Oh, and by the way, an oops — that was a mule in yesterday’s “horse” photo).
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Superintendent had denied former football coach the opportunity to become volunteer with Philomath High boys basketball team
Sitting at the mic in a room packed with supporters, former football coach Troy Muir appealed to the Philomath School Board during its Thursday night meeting to allow him to […]
After five years of collaborating with tribes and state agencies to create the largest research forest in North America, Oregon State University officials have decided […]
In this week’s Mount Union Stories, read the story on Grover G. Pritchett about how he died when hit by a falling tree while working […]
As the Portland teachers’ strike continues into its third week, a trio of Republican lawmakers plan to introduce a bill banning teachers from striking. The […]
After more than a year of historic inflation, grocery prices are staying relatively steady. Prices fell in March and April for the first time since […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Perched atop a hill but somewhat hidden on the corner of Pioneer and 10th, the old College of Philomath building represents a peek into the […]
• Friday, Nov. 17: Square Dance Basics at Summit Grange, 7-9 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 18: First Aid/CPR/AED Class at Philomath Fire & Rescue, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 18: Mount Union Cemetery Association Annual Meeting, 1 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 20: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 20: Philomath Planning Commission Meeting, 6 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 20: Kings Valley Charter School Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 21: LEGO Day at the Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 21: Community Meal, 6 p.m.