VOLUME 4, NUMBER 246
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The Philomath City Council brought up things like housing, golf carts and pedestrian routes in last night’s discussion on its Strategic Plan. Also, we have the latest Police Log and Fire Calls, an obituary for Randy Rayburn and an upcoming Summit event.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Three months into the current fiscal year’s Strategic Plan, Philomath City Council approves handful of updates to the document’s objectives
Establishing a new housing committee, considering the possibility of driving golf carts around town, studying pedestrian connectivity, setting synthetic turf standards and coming up with a way to protect city […]
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the […]
Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the media by Philomath Fire & Rescue: FRIDAY, NOV. 3 • No calls of public […]
A record number of Oregon families signed up for child care subsidies this year when eligibility was broadly expanded, but that has led to a […]
The Oregon Water Resources Department must update its 68-year-old rules for permitting new wells or double down on regulating existing ones, department officials said. If […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
When “Rustin” hit theaters late last week, Christopher Anglim joined other moviegoers at the Avalon Theatre in Chevy Chase, Maryland, to catch the major motion […]
• Tuesday, Nov. 14: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Wednesday Noon Book Club at the Library, noon
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Dementia Warriors Support Group Meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 16: Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 16: Philomath School Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 17: Square Dance Basics at Summit Grange, 7-9 p.m.