VOLUME 4, NUMBER 244
Saturday, November 11, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: This week’s Three Things column takes a look at a rural Benton County resident’s role in a major motion picture, special presentations related to Veterans Day at the city and county levels and news about the second-degree murder conviction of a Blodgett man. Plus, read about what will be on the agenda at the Nov. 13 fire district board and City Council meetings.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Benton County resident appears in ‘Rustin’; special presentation set for council meeting; and Blodgett man convicted for killing woman in Albany
When “Rustin” hit theaters late last week, Christopher Anglim joined other moviegoers at the Avalon Theatre in Chevy Chase, Maryland, to catch the major motion picture directed by George C. […]
The Philomath City Council plans to meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13 at City Hall with an agenda that includes a continued discussion and […]
The Philomath Fire and Rescue Board of Directors plan to meet at 3 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13 at Station 201 with an agenda that includes […]
Almost half of people in rural areas who use illicit drugs were in prison or jail in the last six months, according to a new […]
Using information from the Highway Loss Data Institute of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for the years 2020-2022, Way.com compiled a list of the […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
While the nation pays tribute Nov. 11 to America’s soldiers in recognition of Veterans Day, the construction of a special park dedicated to those who […]
Love of Learning column: The Honor Flight program flies veterans from World War II, Korea and Vietnam to Washington, D.C. Here is the story of […]
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath Fire & Rescue Board of Directors Meeting, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath City Council Meeting (and “Veterans Day Reflections”), 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 14: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, 11 a.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 14: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Wednesday Noon Book Club at the Library, noon
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Dementia Warriors Support Group Meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.