VOLUME 4, NUMBER 241
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: This week’s Warrior Watch column reports on all-conference girls soccer and all-district football as well as a rundown on fall basketball. Also, we have an obituary for local native Joyce Mahr, who passed away last month.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Grimmer, Phelps earn top awards in girls soccer; Nuno makes 1st team both ways in football; and local team fares well in fall basketball tournaments
Postseason recognition is starting to roll in with girls soccer and football released over the past week. Philomath High has good representation on both of those teams, which are compiled […]
Christmas tree permits are now available for purchase from the Siuslaw National Forest and will be offered through Dec. 31, officials announced. To purchase a […]
Local election offices throughout Oregon are understaffed and underfunded headed into the 2024 presidential election cycle, according to a “grim” report presented to state lawmakers […]
Last June, when COVID was still raging, Oregon health officials warned the public about the state’s first case of monkeypox, now known as mpox. Cases […]
For as long as humans have had the desire to put down roots and build a home, there has also been the need to furnish […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the […]
A rundown of recent Philomath Fire & Rescue fire and medical calls include a crash into a power pole and an illegal burn pile behind […]
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Philomath Bluegrass Workshop and Jam, 7-10 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 9: Philomath Middle School Veterans Day Assembly, 8:10 a.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 9: Philomath High School Veterans Day Assembly, 11:30 a.m.
• Friday, Nov. 10: Bingo at the Grange, 6-8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 11: Benton County Genealogical Society Program, 11 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath Fire & Rescue Board of Directors Meeting, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Philomath City Council Meeting (and “Veterans Day Reflections,” 7 p.m.