VOLUME 4, NUMBER 240
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: In this week’s Police Log, there a few unique cases, including one involving the dumping of a couple of couches on private property. Also, stay up to date on what the local fire district has been doing by reviewing the Fire Calls. We also have law enforcement’s request to the public to help with an elk poaching and info on a basketball skills camp on Friday at PHS.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
A rundown of recent responses submitted to the media by the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office and a rundown of in-state traffic fatalities as reported by Oregon State Police.
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the state as reported by Oregon State Police.
A rundown of recent Philomath Fire & Rescue fire and medical calls include a crash into a power pole and an illegal burn pile behind […]
Landlords are filing more court evictions monthly than they did before the COVID pandemic, though the number of evictions trended down after the Legislature passed […]
Police officers lack the tools they need to help drug addicts enter treatment to help them kick the habit, Oregon law enforcement officials told a […]
The pace at which homes sell in the U.S. tends to ebb and flow over the calendar year, with homes selling fastest in the summer […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
EUGENE — Junior Adele Beckstead sat alone with her thoughts for a few minutes in the recovery tent. Sophomore Ana Candanoza’s emotions surfaced in the […]
A collection of 32 photos from Philomath High’s appearance in the Class 4A cross-country meet at Eugene on Saturday.
EUGENE — When the starter’s pistol signaled the beginning of the 4A boys race Saturday afternoon at Lane Community College, Philomath had just two athletes […]
Philomath High’s girls soccer team had a rough ending to its season Saturday night in Grants Pass with a 1-0 loss to Hidden Valley in […]
The Philomath streetscapes project — which promises to bring a new and improved look to our downtown — has come with typical nuisances that we […]
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Virtual Philomath Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Squishtivities by Strengthening Rural Families, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Philomath Bluegrass Workshop and Jam, 7-10 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 9: Philomath Middle School Veterans Day Assembly, 8:10 a.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 9: Philomath High School Veterans Day Assembly, 11:30 a.m.
• Friday, Nov. 10: Bingo at the Grange, 6-8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 11: Benton County Genealogical Society Program, 11 a.m.