VOLUME 4, NUMBER 238
Saturday, November 4, 2023
Good morning. I’m covering the state cross-country meet in Eugene today so you’re getting the newsletter earlier than usual. Be sure to check PhilomathNews.com for news on the cross-country teams and girls soccer late tonight or tomorrow morning. In the newsletter today: ODOT answered a question about what’s going on with the timing of stoplights on Main Street in the streetscapes zone and Patrick Lumber announced plans for a new sawmill — those are two of the three items in my Three Things column. Also, if you want your child to play PYAC basketball, a registration deadline is coming up.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
ODOT provides clarity on what’s going on with construction zone traffic signals; Patrick Lumber announces big news; and it’s the time of the year when drivers need to pay extra attention
The Philomath streetscapes project — which promises to bring a new and improved look to our downtown — has come with typical nuisances that we have to put up with […]
After two failed runs for Congress, former Army National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos is running for the state House from southern Oregon. Skarlatos, a Republican, filed […]
One of the best ways to get to know the spirit of a place is through its food. Whether it’s beignets in New Orleans or […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Philomath students outperformed statewide averages in several categories, according to data reported last week through the Oregon Department of Education’s annual “At-A-Glance” district and school […]
The Philomath Frolic and Rodeo’s Holiday Craft Fair will be staged over two days this weekend while the Peace Lutheran Church’s Ladies Guild Holiday Bazaar […]
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Tag Sale at Ashbrook Independent School, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Ladies Guild of Peace Lutheran Church of Philomath Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Cross-Country at Class 4A State Championships, 11:45 a.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Girls Soccer at Hidden Valley, 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 5: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6: BCSO Emergency Preparednesss 101 and Benton County CERT Intro, 6:30-8 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Crafternoon at Philomath Community Library, 3:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7: Virtual Philomath Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.