VOLUME 4, NUMBER 237
Friday, November 3, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: Take a dive into the Philomath numbers as part as the state’s annual “At-A-Glance” district and school profiles. Also, we put some information together on the Frolic and Rodeo’s Craft Fair and the Peace Lutheran Church Ladies Guild’s Holiday Bazaar. We received a death notice for Philomath resident Wendy Steuck. The Mount Union Stories series continues and more.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The state’s annual school report cards provide data in categories that include attendance, graduation rates and academics
Philomath students outperformed statewide averages in several categories, according to data reported last week through the Oregon Department of Education’s annual “At-A-Glance” district and school profiles. The report cards include […]
The Philomath Frolic and Rodeo’s Holiday Craft Fair will be staged over two days this weekend while the Peace Lutheran Church’s Ladies Guild Holiday Bazaar […]
Gov. Tina Kotek has interviewed three candidates in her search for the Oregon Health Authority’s next director, a high-profile job that leads one of the […]
Among the benefits to Klamath Basin fish following the largest dam removal project in the world will be fewer mass die-offs from parasites and bacteria, […]
Despite the ongoing conflicts in the Middle East and Ukraine, commuters have been treated to slowly falling gasoline prices this Halloween week. The costs for […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Local residents and those coming in from surrounding communities will have a new event to experience next month with the introduction of the Philomath Parade […]
The Class 4A cross-country meet this weekend in Eugene will have some interesting angles when it comes to Philomath High’s participation. For the girls, it […]
• Friday, Nov. 3: Omelet Dinner at College United Methodist Church, 5-7 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 3: Country Dance at Marys River Grange Hall, 7-10 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Tag Sale at Ashbrook Independent School, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Ladies Guild of Peace Lutheran Church of Philomath Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Cross-Country at Class 4A State Championships, 11:45 a.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Girls Soccer at Hidden Valley, 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 5: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6: BCSO Emergency Preparednesss 101 and Benton County CERT Intro, 6:30-8 p.m.