VOLUME 4, NUMBER 235
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: Philomath High’s girls defeated Molalla yesterday to advance in the 4A state soccer playoffs. Also, Rep. David Gomberg talks about the two bills he plans to introduce at next year’s short legislative session. Plus, we received a death notice for Mr. Ray Sytsma Jr.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Warriors go on the offensive in the 2nd half to secure 3-1 victory over Molalla
Keeping the pressure on was the name of the game Tuesday afternoon. Philomath pushed hard in the second half and kept the Molalla defense on its heels, eventually producing the […]
Speaking to local chamber, District 10 representative said he will introduce bills related to those topics at next year’s legislative short session
The Oregon Legislature plans to convene early next year and the Rep. David Gomberg, who represents Philomath as part of his district, said he’s allowed to introduce two bills during […]
A collection of images from Philomath High’s 3-1 girls soccer win over Molalla in the first round of the 4A playoffs Tuesday.
The Benton County Health Department is encouraging anyone age 6 months or older to receive an updated COVID-19 vaccine. The newest vaccines were approved by […]
Earl Blumenauer is calling it quits after 27 years in Congress, clearing the way for new federal representation for east Portland and dealing another blow […]
Officials behind a new $1 billion hydrogen hub in the Northwest are now wading into discussions to shape the project. Leaders from the U.S. Department […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the […]
Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the media by Philomath Fire & Rescue: FRIDAY, OCT. 20 • No calls of public […]
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Marys River Grange Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 3: Omelet Dinner at College United Methodist Church, 5-7 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 3: Country Dance at Marys River Grange Hall, 7-10 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Tag Sale at Ashbrook Independent School, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Ladies Guild of Peace Lutheran Church of Philomath Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Cross-Country at Class 4A State Championships, 11:45 a.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: PHS Girls Soccer at Hidden Valley, 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 5: Philomath Frolic and Rodeo Holiday Craft Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.