VOLUME 4, NUMBER 227
Friday, October 20, 2023
Good evening. Apologies for not getting the newsletter out this afternoon — my lateness related to a busier-than-usual Thursday and Friday. In the newsletter today: The Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce has a new director in Chelle Krantz. Plus, lot of sports, including coverage of yesterday’s Senior Night games in girls soccer and volleyball. Boys soccer and cross-country also competed away from home.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Chelle Krantz on the job in public-facing role for the Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce
The Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce’s new executive director has been on the job for just over six weeks now with local resident Chelle Krantz settling into the position. She […]
Philomath will now wait to learn its first-round opponent in the Class 4A playoffs
A veteran of Philomath volleyball, senior Madison Juhl knows she needs to talk things up a little more on the court. In the team’s four-set Senior Night victory over Cascade […]
Philomath High School posted an 8-0 victory over visiting Sweet Home on Senior Day on Thursday
The Philomath High School’s boys and girls cross-country teams both finished atop the final standings Thursday at the fourth annual Harrisburg Gatorade Challenge. The boys […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High School’s four-set volleyball victory over Stayton on Thursday.
A collection of photos from Philomath High School’s 8-0 girls soccer win over Sweet Home on Thursday.
Oregon high schoolers will not need to fulfill an essential skills requirement in order to graduate for at least the next five years. The Oregon […]
Despite opposition from Northwest Democratic leaders, federal regulators voted unanimously Thursday to allow more natural gas to flow through Oregon, Idaho, Washington and northern California. […]
Gas prices continue to fall nationwide despite concerns that conflict in the Middle East could tip into territory where the U.S. would place stricter sanctions […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Ten years following the death of 14-year-old Philomath High freshman Lilly Stagner, the mission of raising awareness about youth suicide and eliminating the stigma of […]
Philomath High’s soccer and volleyball teams will play their final regular-season games Thursday and Tuesday and then wait to see how the postseason picture shakes […]
• Saturday, Oct. 21: First Aid/CPR/AED Class at Philomath Fire & Rescue, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Lilly’s Lope for Hope, 9 a.m. (5K begins at 10 a.m.)
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 23: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Oct. 23: Philomath City Council Meeting, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Oct. 24: PHS Boys Soccer vs. Stayton, 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24: Philomath Inclusivity Committee Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24: PHS Girls Soccer at Stayton, 6 p.m.