VOLUME 4, NUMBER 226
Thursday, October 19, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The 10th annual Lilly’s Lope for Hope is coming up Saturday morning and we have a preview. Plus, the latest Warriors Watch column takes a look at how Philomath’s teams are looking for the playoffs along with an update on the cross-country teams. And if you missed the story yesterday, give the Philomath Open Studios feature a read.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Old Mill Center takes over as organizer to continue the vision established by the fundraising event’s founder
Ten years following the death of 14-year-old Philomath High freshman Lilly Stagner, the mission of raising awareness about youth suicide and eliminating the stigma of receiving mental health services continues […]
Philomath High’s girls soccer and volleyball teams will both make the playoffs; cross-country getting ready to host conference meet
Philomath High’s soccer and volleyball teams will play their final regular-season games Thursday and Tuesday and then wait to see how the postseason picture shakes out. The Warriors are sitting […]
Samaritan Health Services announced Thursday that to protect patients and reduce exposure of respiratory viruses circulating in the community, visitor restrictions are now in place […]
The deaths of more than 700 West Coast gray whales since 2019 is likely the result of low food supplies caused by a lack of […]
Oregon officials are doling out the last of extra pandemic-related food benefits to low-income families with young children. About 73,000 households will receive a lump […]
Suffering from tipping fatigue? You’re not alone, according to a recent Experian survey of over a thousand consumers. Experian found that while consumers by and […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Philomath scored 45 seconds into the game, senior Kamilla Grimmer had a four-goal performance and the team’s defense stifled a North Marion squad capable of […]
Philomath High School’s volleyball team secured a key road victory in the Oregon West Tuesday night with a four-set victory over Sweet Home that included […]
Down 2-1 as the midway point of the second half approached Tuesday at North Marion, Philomath High’s boys soccer team couldn’t do much to stop […]
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Girls Soccer vs. Sweet Home, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Boys Soccer at Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 20: Preschool Science at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Friday, Oct. 20: PHS Football at Klamath Union, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 21: First Aid/CPR/AED Class at Philomath Fire & Rescue, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Lilly’s Lope for Hope, 9 a.m. (5K begins at 10 a.m.)
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.