VOLUME 4, NUMBER 225
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The Philomath Open Studios tour that showcases our local artists will run over the next two weekends and we have a feature by Kyle Odegard. Also, the PHS girls soccer team won a huge game over North Marion and we have coverage, including an Andy Cripe photo gallery. The volleyball and boys soccer teams were also in action.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Philomath Open Studios runs on the weekends of Oct. 21-22 and Oct. 28-29
For artists on the Philomath Open Studios Tour, talking about their work and making connections is just as important as selling art during the event. “A lot of people are […]
Grimmer scores 4 goals, defense and goalkeeper shine in 6-2 win that forces tie atop Oregon West standings
Philomath scored 45 seconds into the game, senior Kamilla Grimmer had a four-goal performance and the team’s defense stifled a North Marion squad capable of lighting up the scoreboard in […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 6-2 girls soccer win over North Marion on Tuesday.
Philomath High School’s volleyball team secured a key road victory in the Oregon West Tuesday night with a four-set victory over Sweet Home that included […]
Down 2-1 as the midway point of the second half approached Tuesday at North Marion, Philomath High’s boys soccer team couldn’t do much to stop […]
During the next two years, health officials will test 127 drinking water systems in Oregon for 29 different “forever chemicals” and lithium under new guidelines […]
While Oregonians are safe from paying tolls for the next two years because of a state executive order, one member of the state’s congressional delegation […]
After more than a year of historical inflation, grocery prices are staying relatively steady. Prices fell in March and April for the first time since […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the […]
A rundown of recent Philomath Fire & Rescue fire and medical calls include lines down on South 19th Street on a Sunday afternoon.
The Philomath High School volleyball team won two of three matches in bracket play Saturday at the Bend Clearwater Classic. Philomath will take records of […]
A vote on a communicable disease management plan, Budget Committee appointments, early literacy and social emotional learning are all topics that will go before the […]
• Thursday, Oct. 19: Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Girls Soccer vs. Sweet Home, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Boys Soccer at Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 20: Preschool Science at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Friday, Oct. 20: PHS Football at Klamath Union, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 21: First Aid/CPR/AED Class at Philomath Fire & Rescue, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Lilly’s Lope for Hope, 9 a.m. (5K begins at 10 a.m.)
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Open Studios Art Tour and Sale, noon-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 22: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.