VOLUME 4, NUMBER 224
Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: Catch up on the latest out of the Police Log and Fire Calls — both reporting on a situation with utility lines that went down Oct. 8 because of a hit-and-run incident. Plus, the cross-country teams had another solid performance in their most-recent meet and the volleyball team won a couple of matches in a tournament at Bend.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the state as reported by Oregon State Police.
A rundown of recent Philomath Fire & Rescue fire and medical calls include lines down on South 19th Street on a Sunday afternoon.
The Philomath High School volleyball team won two of three matches in bracket play Saturday at the Bend Clearwater Classic. Philomath will take records of […]
A vote on a communicable disease management plan, Budget Committee appointments, early literacy and social emotional learning are all topics that will go before the […]
The Benton County Developmental Diversity Program invites the community to an open house from 4-6 p.m. Friday at the Benton County Sunset Building. The program […]
A Northwest wildflower that was classified 30 years ago as threatened under the Endangered Species Act no longer needs that protection. The U.S. Fish and […]
By August, residents of coastal Newport were put on mandatory water curtailment due to low stream flows. That same month, the city of Yamhill, 30 […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
In recognition of Oct. 9 as Indigenous Peoples Day, the city of Philomath advanced beyond the act of approving a resolution and offered citizens a […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 43-6 loss in Eugene to Marist Catholic on Friday.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17: PHS Girls Soccer vs. North Marion, 3:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17: LEGO Day at the Library, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17: PHS Boys Soccer at North Marion, 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17: PHS Volleyball at Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 18: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 18: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 18: Wednesday Noon Book Club at the Library, noon
• Wednesday, Oct. 18: Dementia Warriors Support Group Meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: Philomath Area Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Girls Soccer vs. Sweet Home, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 19: PHS Boys Soccer at Sweet Home, 6 p.m.