VOLUME 4, NUMBER 222
Friday, October 13, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The Philomath City Council had another talk about how to use the city’s free ARPA money based on new and higher cost estimates on a few projects. Also, the Philomath boys soccer team had its second go-round with Newport Thursday afternoon; the girls soccer and volleyball teams were also in action.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Higher cost estimates on streetlights, playground surface lead to renewed discussion and revised decisions
A topic often revisited in recent months at Philomath City Council meetings has been how to spend just over $160,000 that remains out of money given to the city through […]
Warriors play first-place Cubs to scoreless tie in 1st half but the visitors find momentum early in 2nd half on a PK goal
Philomath High’s overall record in boys soccer stands at just 3-7 and the team’s chances to qualify for a play-in game might be fading. But after another hard-fought performance Thursday […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 3-1 boys soccer loss to visiting Newport on Thursday.
The Philomath High School volleyball team came at North Marion from all angles Thursday night with players up and down the roster seeing time on […]
Philomath and North Marion both posted girls soccer victories Thursday to set up a match next week that will likely determine the Oregon West Conference’s […]
An advocacy group called on state leaders to close Oregon’s only women’s prison and completely overhaul the corrections system after a state-ordered report found harsh […]
WASHINGTON — U.S. lawmakers are pushing a bill that would boost support for organic farmers amid rising demand for their products. U.S. Sens. Tammy Baldwin […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Folks peddling their handmade products, freshly-pressed apple cider and kids running around on the grass playing games might seem like the type of community-centered activity […]
• Friday, Oct. 13: PHS Football at Marist Catholic, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Volleyball at Bend Clearwater Classic, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Mount Union Cemetery Work Party, 9 a.m.-noon
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Marys Peak Cleanup, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Harvest Fest at Marys River Grange, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Benton County Genealogical Society Program with George Davidson, 11 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Cross-Country at CG Bramble Scramble, 1:15 p.m. (varsity)
• Sunday, Oct. 15: Philomath Farmers’ Market, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 16: Philomath TOPS meeting, 9 a.m.
• Monday, Oct. 16: Kings Valley Charter School Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m.