VOLUME 4, NUMBER 221
Thursday, October 12, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The Harvest Fest, an annual fall event put on by Marys River Grange, will go from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Last year, I took my 5-year-old, bought him a handmade Christmas ornament and went next door for fun in the GreenGable Farm’s corn maze. Also in this edition, we have an obituary for Jeannine Gay, longtime resident, former mayor and former city councilor (and she held many other positions). From this news reporter’s perspective, Jeannine was a pleasure to cover in meetings — you always knew where she stood on the issues.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Annual event, which brings in a variety of arts and crafts vendors and offers various activities, will raise money for organization’s junior room remodel
Folks peddling their handmade products, freshly-pressed apple cider and kids running around on the grass playing games might seem like the type of community-centered activity experienced a couple of generations […]
After almost two years at the helm of the state House, Speaker Dan Rayfield is running for attorney general. The Corvallis Democrat announced his candidacy […]
Gov. Tina Kotek is bringing a former deputy director of the Oregon Department of Agriculture back to the agency to lead it. Lisa Charpilloz Hanson […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
In a fitting move during an open house celebration Tuesday afternoon at Philomath Family Medicine’s new location on the west edge of town, Dr. Lorri […]
The Philomath High girls soccer team worked through challenging weather conditions Tuesday and put away visiting Cascade, 5-0, to keep pace with first-place North Marion […]
Local chefs, farmers and growers are coming together Sunday, Oct. 22 in Summit for the inaugural “Summit Harvest Party: A Farm-to-Table Dinner Delight,” organizers announced. […]
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Boys Soccer vs. Newport, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Volleyball at North Marion, 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 12: PHS Girls Soccer at Newport, 6 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 13: PHS Football at Marist Catholic, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Volleyball at Bend Clearwater Classic, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Mount Union Cemetery Work Party, 9 a.m.-noon
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Marys Peak Cleanup, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Harvest Fest at Marys River Grange, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Benton County Genealogical Society Program with George Davidson, 11 a.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14: PHS Cross-Country at CG Bramble Scramble, 1:15 p.m. (varsity)