VOLUME 4, NUMBER 208
Tuesday, September 26, 2023
Good afternoon. In the newsletter today: The Philomath School Board’s look at enrollment figures continued during its most recent meeting with several different angles discussed from capacity to revenue to transfers. Plus, an in-town cougar sighting and a significant fraud crime highlight the Police Log and firefighters had a very busy Sept. 21.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
Building capacities, enrollment projections, state funding, transfer students among the topics of conversation at Sept. 21 meeting
A high student capacity percentage at Philomath Elementary, unknowns involving definitive revenue allocations from the state and the mention of having a committee look into a future backup plan for […]
A rundown of recent responses from the Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office along with a list of highway fatalities from around the […]
A rundown of recent Philomath Fire & Rescue fire and medical calls include three separate fires on Sept. 21.
State lawmakers will descend on Salem this week for the first time since June for dozens of meetings that will preview some of the most […]
More Oregonians than ever are buying electric cars and the state is poised to see a major influx, in part because of friendly state and […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
Three Things: Philomath Elementary’s colorful garden, hopes for outside play and recognition for local rodeo
Philomath Elementary’s courtyard received a colorful mural and new garden area. Plus, a teacher’s wish for a temporary solution to getting kids outside to play […]
In the moments following Philomath High’s 20-17 loss to unbeaten Junction City at Clemens Field Friday night, the players could not help but react with […]
A collection of photos from Philomath High’s 20-17 football loss at home to Junction City on Friday.
Five meets into the season, the Philomath High School girls cross-country team has found nothing but success with five first-place trophies. The distance, venue and […]
• Tuesday, Sept. 26: PHS Girls Soccer vs. Newport, 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26: Philomath Inclusivity Committee Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26: Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26: PHS volleyball vs. North Marion, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26: PHS Boys Soccer at Newport, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 27: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 27: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 28: PHS Boys Soccer vs. North Marion, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 28: PHS Girls Soccer at North Marion, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 28: PHS volleyball vs. Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 28: PHS Football at Stayton, 7 p.m.