Volume 3, Number 134
Good Morning. It’s Wednesday, September 21, 2022
I had an interesting chat yesterday afternoon with a couple of art students and their teacher about a mural that was painted over the summer outside Clemens Community Pool. I should have that feature published later today. One note from the streetscapes story published a few days ago — I had a typo on the date of that groundbreaking ceremony (Oct. 4th not the 14th). More will be published on that event as it gets closer and I’m sure the city is going to put it out there for folks as well.
Thanks for reading!
Brad Fuqua, publisher/editor
The Latest …
Organizer Yvonne McMillan wants people to ‘just enjoy each other and build community spirit’ through fun activities
A band of pirates converged upon Marys River Grange Hall on Monday evening but not to pillage and plunder. Instead, this group arrived in the mood to party with the help of organizer Yvonne McMillan on a unique “holiday” created by a couple of Albany guys who call themselves “Ol’ Chumbucket” and “Cap’n Slappy.” Yes, […]
The state agency reported that 2 out of 3 retailers failed to check IDs and sold booze to decoys during a recent operation in the Emerald City
The Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission — yeah, they changed the name a few years ago — sent out a press release last week to report troubling results of what they refer to as a “minor decoy operation.” The OLCC inspectors resumed these checks on alcohol retailers after it had been halted during the pandemic. […]
The Philomath High School volleyball team had its competitive moments in Tuesday night’s Oregon West Conference opener at Cascade but ended up losing the match […]
The Oregon Supreme Court has ended a six-year legal battle between the state and 13 western Oregon counties over logging practices by declining to hear […]
Last year, youth in Maupin had the opportunity to join a summer program that brought them on field trips across the state. It was run […]
Philomath in Photos
In Case You Missed It …
After more than a decade of planning, designing, holding meetings, finalizing financing and frankly, dreaming of a safer and attractive downtown, Philomath will within the […]
• Wednesday, Sept. 21: Quilts from Caring Hands, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 21: Storytime at Philomath Community Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 21: Brown Bag Book Club, noon
• Wednesday, Sept. 21: Dementia Warriors Support Group Meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 22: PHS girls soccer vs. Cascade, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 22: PHS boys soccer at Cascade, 4:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 22: PHS volleyball vs. Newport, 7 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 23: PHS football at Junction City, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 24: PHS volleyball at North Marion Tournament, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 24: PHS cross-country at Cottage Grove Bramble Scramble, 11:45 a.m.
• Monday, Sept. 26: Philomath City Council Meeting, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: Benton County Board of Commissioners Meeting, 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: Philomath Rotary Club Meeting, noon
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: PHS boys soccer vs. Newport, 3:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: Philomath Inclusivity Committee Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: Philomath Community Meal, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: PHS girls soccer at Newport, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: PHS volleyball at North Marion, 6 p.m.