Editor’s note: This log is based on information submitted to the newspaper by Philomath Fire & Rescue. Locations are approximate. Following is a rundown of all calls for the period of March 26-April 1:
FRIDAY, MARCH 26
• Medical, 2:30 a.m., 100 block of South Eighth Street.
• Medical, 4:08 p.m., 32000 block of Marys Peak Road, hiker on top of Marys Peak slid on ice down mountain about 200 feet and unable to climb up; Fire personal rappelled down to the victim, who was injured apart from slight hypothermia, and provided assistance back up to the trail; Corvallis Fire rescue team assisted; Philomath Deputy Chief Chancy Ferguson served as incident commander and was one of the rescue personnel.
• Medical, 5:55 p.m., 2600 block of Main Street, accidental self-inflicted knife wound to person’s arm, bleeding stopped with tourniquet and patient transported to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis.
• Medical, 6:39 p.m., 2200 block of Rosecrest Drive.
• Odor investigation, 8:49 p.m., 4500 block of Southwest 53rd Street., Corvallis.
• Crash, 11:23 p.m., 31000 block of Whitman Way, a 2011 Toyota 4Runner went off road in Pioneer Village and was found about 50 feet down the embankment off Whitman Way, apparently rolling on the way down; Philomath Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Office assisted; the driver was not injured and the Toyota was towed from the scene.
SATURDAY, MARCH 27
• Medical, 11:10 a.m., 3000 block of Applegate Street.
• Medical, 1:54 p.m., 600 block of North 11th Street.
• Medical, 6:28 p.m., 1000 block of Main Street.
MONDAY, MARCH 29
• Medical, 7:10 p.m., 400 block of South 18th Street.
• Medical, 8:38 p.m., 500 block of Canberra Drive.
TUESDAY, MARCH 30
• Lawn mower fire, 9:56 a.m., Applegate Street and 14th Street, riding lawn mower caught fire in front of an apartment complex with the likely cause being a fuel line break over a hot engine; fire extinguished by fire personnel; no injuries reported; riding lawn mower was total loss.
• Medical, 12:06 p.m., 24000 block of Ervin Road.
• Public assistance, 4:45 p.m., 300 block of Marlon Street.
• Medical, 5:01 p.m., 300 block of North Ninth Street.
• Medical, 5:08 p.m., 1000 block of Applegate Street.
THURSDAY, APRIL 1
• Medical, 2:25 a.m., 2000 block of Burtonwood Drive, Blodgett.